Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• realistic daylight for architecture simulation

Hi

I’m new to Vray. This is the most interesting forum I ever been to. Great motivation ,grate artists and great attitude.

I’ll ask a question that requires some tolerance I guess J….

I’m trying to setup a realistic daylight for lighting and illuminating my scene that contains objects for urban architecture simulation.

That’s what I doing so far,
    1. Creating a VRayLight and check the option “Skylight Portal”.
    2. Creating a Photometric IESun light for illumination.
    3. Adding hdri sky map to the Vray Environment (to the two slots).
    4. Adding the hdri map the Max env dialog as well.

(Im using hdri map cuz i have car's reflection need)

Any comments will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    S

Im assuming by your use of a skylight portal that this is an interior scene right? the part about the car confuses me though. If its an exterior scene then you dont need a skylight portal. The are not skylight in itself. they are only to help with getting higher quality on skylight comming in windows on interior scenes.

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Im assuming by your use of a skylight portal that this is an interior scene right? the part about the car confuses me though. If its an exterior scene then you dont need a skylight portal. The are not skylight in itself. they are only to help with getting higher quality on skylight comming in windows on interior scenes.
      Hi

This an exterior scene. Im using Skylight Portal cuz I thought its like in finalRender skylight. I assume from your words that im being wrong.

Thanks
      S

Comment

Here is example of this setup. I use Plane VRayLight on the top with 1.3 multiplier and no Skylight Portal checked, hdri map in Vray’s environment and Max’s.

I have a few questions:

1. Vray environment maps override the Max environment map,right? How can I prove that?
        2. When I set the hdri map to Spherical environment I get blue crack in the map that reflect on the objects, any ideas?
        3. What are the GI most acceptable setting and methods for exterior scene like this?
        4.the hdri map is gaint and not fit to the objects size,hat can i do to fit it?

Thanks
        S
        [/img]

Comment

Working...
        X