a betatester for vray for Maya.
    Or maybe it is too late because tomorrow
    it will be released

I asked that via email but have not received any answer yet,
    I hope my question will now make its way to the developer
    and I get an answer.

Daniel

Hi faceless
    i think getting no answer might answer your question .. the beta for max has only just come out and i bet your bottom dollar they are working hard to get that right before devoting there time to other apps. maybe im wrong... be patient
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

y everyone asking the same qeustion..............

Comment

maybe because maya's renderer isn't as good as vray,or because vray is excellent and they drool when they see the renders achieved with vray, anyways I think maya renderer can wait and a solid final version for max should come out first, but who cares I'm just a vray free user.

Comment

y cant they switch from maya to max then?

Comment

I do not switch because of:
            - price reasons
            - personal preferences

As I bought Maya I asked the vray people when a version can be expected. I was told that a vray version for maya will be out in that year.
            That year was 2002.

They might have reasons not to spread news, features or releasedates but
            they may give answers, global answers or an answer at all.
            That is all I am asking for.

Comment

Faceless, i understand your frustration. But what you have to understand is that the Vray team is quite small and they are very busy getting Vray for MAX updated as well as working on Aura. Also, they probably get lots of emails everyday asking the same questions. True, they could put up some information on the Maya version on their website, but i think that the lack of any news at all indicates that a beta is nowhere near (as natty said). I'm sure they will let everyone know, either through the forum of their website, as soon as they have something to say.

P.s: Switch to MAX, if only for Vray, you have NO idea what you are missing!

Regards,

Marc
              -------------------------------------------------------

"...and we all know how paintful THAT can be, don't we?"

Comment

@thethule
                I would like to agree with you but in my opinion they could have done things better.

It must have been clear to the vray team, that if they say, they will port vray to Maya, then they have to update that announcement at least once every three months. I do not think demanding too much with that, even if it is just an one man show. And it is more than enough to give infos like:
                - still under development,
                - development has been suspended for 2 months,
                - there are still features to develop, or
                - we concentrate on vray for max for the next three months.

Things like that keeps me being more patient.

To come to the point. What I am complaining about is. just to announce something, answering emails with infos that there will be a release around new year, and then the stop contact without further infos.

Comment

Working...
                X