network rendering with vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• network rendering with vray

To do network rendering with vray do you have to have a copy of Vray on all machines. Or just the machine that has controll of the rendering? Is vray multi treaded when caculating the photons or IR Map or just the rendering its self.

from what i see its fully multithreaded. to the point of having 4 cubes working on irradiance maps when using dual HT chips
    and yes you need vray on all computers

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Thanks Da_elf. But what is HT chips. I have a dual 2.6ghz machine are they ht?

Comment

is it a dual intel xeon?
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

HT means HyperThread if you are running a Dual Xeon 2.6 you should in theroy have HT Processors. Open the task manager and click on the Performance tab and see if you are showing 2 or 4 processors. Also you have to be running Windows XP Pro or the newer Windows Servers to fully benefit from the HT Technology. If you are running Win2000 then it will only see 2 Processors as it doesn't take advantage of HT.

Hope that helps a little.

-dave
          Cheers,
          -dave
          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
          X