Glossy render times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glossy render times

When making a simple scene......let's say a teapot on a plane...I use the vray material with glossy and reflect set to white at 1.0 and it renders immediatley...when I change the glossiness to 0.9 or lower, My render time lasts forever!!! why is this??
    am I doing something wrong? as I said simple scene using GI with irradiance map and material subdivs for reflect and refract are set low

is this normal for the render times to jump so high when altering the glossiness settings????

Please Help!!!

Yeah glossies really slows down the render.

Try using interpolation, or try not using interpolation but using low subdivs...try 10 or less for a reflective floor.

Comment

just one question: how fast are ur computers???......i dont think i ll ever set the sub-div to 10..................i got a p4 2.4ghz.............if i set sub-div(no interp.) to just 10......it will be slow as hell..............so i always leave it to 5..............

Comment

i have an athlon 2700 with 1gb ram.

how about you make a quick test scene, and then post it here with your render times and i will try it here on my machine and see what i get.

Comment

na...my comp got virus...reformat the hd...........lost everything.........so i havnt install max yet......... ......the last time i tried it.....i click cancel b4 it even finish b/c the render time is intolerably slow......at least i think the render time has DRAMATICALLY increased...

i ll do a test a soon as i can tho............at least after i install max........

Comment

ok no worries

Comment

Working...
            X