X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irradiance x Resolution...

Please...
    i have to do one pic with 2480 x 1744 but i dont know
    wich settings put in min and max rate in irradiance map...
    actualy i have testing with high (-3 and 0) but is very very slowly...
    anybody can tell me what can i do??

thanx a lot

do you have materials with glossiness?

Comment

there is a rule of thumb .. but i just normaly render the image half the size, save the IRR map then render your image at the size you want from the saved map
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

thanx... i will try... and will post result...

Comment

Originally posted by natty
          there is a rule of thumb .. but i just normaly render the image half the size, save the IRR map then render your image at the size you want from the saved map
          Hey that's exactly what the min max settings do for you

There's lots of info on www.vray.info about these settings.
          Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

i actually find playing with the hsph subdivs and the interp amount can greatly reduce times allowing a higher resolution map to be created.

when doing previews i use -3-3 (Antialising off)on the map and 15,15 on the hsphr and interp...when going to high res (4000x3000) i use -2,-1 on the irmap, wind hsphere up to 30 or 40 and interp from 50-100...antialiaing is 2 & 4, i find 6 is nicer but it has a noticable effect on rendertimes.

I also force glossies to have one bounce.

I found rendering bucket ir map would shave perhaps 10-20% off render time, but i couldnt guarentee i wouldnt see artifacting on the GI on where the buckets met.
            Digital Progression

Comment

Working...
            X