Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Affect alpha shadow of wrapper material for base material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affect alpha shadow of wrapper material for base material?

Hi,

since a few days the wrapper material is available at the Vray for Rhino nightlies. One thing I don't understand, is it right that I can get the "shadows affect alpha" effect only if I use the environment as texture per matte option?

I would like to use a base material and see the shadows on the alpha. For example for a jewelry studio setup with white ground (like the attached image, but with jewelry). I don't understand why the affect shadow option depends on the usage of the matte option, the usage of the env as texture.
    Or an other example - the user could use a simple photo in camera projection as emitter material for a ground and could enable shadows. It could work like on the env mapping way, only that texture is not from the env.

Could it be possible to open the matte options of the wrapper material for base materials too? Or is it available and I have overseen something?

Regards,
    Micha
    Attached Files
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Please forward Rhino related questions to the V-Ray for Rhino section of the forum.
    Furthermore VRayWrapperMtl material is specially created to be used for footage matching.
    In case you want to extract the shadow from plane with non mate property you can set a VrayShadow pass. Which you can later merge with the alpha channel.
    Best regards,
    Zdravko Keremidchiev
    Technical Support Representative

Comment

I thought it's a more general Vray related and the Rhino forum is quite quiet for general discussions.

So couldn't it be possible that the base material can be combine with the matte effects? So the workflow could be easier, very useful for animations too, no additional pass would be needed and no extra post work to get the alpha ready.
      www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Unfortunately I am not sure if we can implement such an option.
        I will forward your request to the developers for consideration.
        Best regards,
        Zdravko Keremidchiev
        Technical Support Representative

Comment

Working...
        X