Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugins fail to initialize

Hello,

I'm having issues with my V-Ray install. I have a fresh install of 3DS Max 2013 x64 and V-Ray 2.0 for max 2013 x64.

When I start Max all of the files in \plugins\vrayplugins fail to initialize, not a valid Win32 application.

Any ideas? I've installed v-ray plenty of times and this is a first for me.

Thanks,
    Joe
    www.boxxtech.com

If you check the plugin.ini file in the respective language folder of 3ds Max, does it list the main V-Ray plugins before the additional ones?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,
      Yes it appears so. Is this correct?

[Directories]
      Civil View Plugins=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2013\stdplugs\(CivilViewIO)
      V-Ray main plug-ins=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2013\plugins
      V-Ray additional plug-ins=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2013\plugins\vrayplugins
      ;=;
      ;=;
      [Help]
      mental ray Help=http://www.autodesk.com/mentalray-help-2013-enu
      www.boxxtech.com

Comment

Can you try removing the ;=; lines? There is also I think another plugin.ini file in the local user settings folder (c:\users\...) - you might have to check that one too.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

The only other plugin.ini files I find are for my previous versions of Max as well as the other plugin.ini files in the other language folder of 3DS Max. Nothing in the local user folder. Do I need to edit the ini files in the other language folders?

The error remains after removing the ;=;

Thanks,
          Joe
          www.boxxtech.com

Comment

Originally posted by posterus View Post
            The only other plugin.ini files I find are for my previous versions of Max as well as the other plugin.ini files in the other language folder of 3DS Max. Nothing in the local user folder. Do I need to edit the ini files in the other language folders?
            Hm, you could try; swapped lines in a plugin.ini file is the only reason for this error, the question is which file... Btw, if you rename the vrayplugins folder for a moment, does the main V-Ray renderer itself load fine?

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

I renamed the vrayplugins folder as suggested. The errors go away at Max startup and the main renderer seems to work fine. Thanks for the help Vlado.
              www.boxxtech.com

Comment

Ok then, so it's a matter of finding the broken plugin.ini file; I wish Autodesk didn't duplicate it so many times...

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                  Ok then, so it's a matter of finding the broken plugin.ini file; I wish Autodesk didn't duplicate it so many times...
                  Quoted for endless agreement...

Comment

Working...
                  X