Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass Mat

Hi,
    Anyone can gimme a clue what is wrong with this? I have my glass bottom turned out as black spot. Glass Material itself is a VRayMtl (see img. below)

- VRay Adv 1.09.03n
    - Lighted using HDRI (uffizi_probe.hdr)
    - HDRI on Max Environment, VRay Environment and Reflection Maps.
    - No raytrace involved.
    - I got some HDRI Map Locked and 1 Material Overbright warnings ... but most likely it's not the source of problem, isn't it?

I believe you are on the tabletop or in it. I get black spots whenever two faces are touching. Just move the glass slightly above the table to see if that corrects the problem.

JoeD

Comment

Thanks, Joe
      It's working!

Comment

Err one more question ... Why is that refraction so weird behind? Is it the same problem with this one : http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...pic.php?t=5376 ?

I have tried increasing the AA, but doesn't help.

Comment

yeah, I was just gonna point you to that tread.......it seems like distance from max point of origin........
          but who knows how far away from origin it starts.........

paul.

Comment

Cocolas, I just tried to shift my model to the thick black grid line (isn't that the origin point?) ... but problem persists

Comment

even after i moved my whole scene, i still had problems with trying to model new parts accurately using the snaps. someone suggested (on the cgarchitect forum) using the Reset Xform tool (in the utilities panel) for the objects that were being problematic. i applied the tool to everything in the scene and ... so far so good.

sean

Comment

Working...
              X