MAX CRASHES ON IMAGE SAVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAX CRASHES ON IMAGE SAVE

I am working with a very large max model rendering in vray( the latest advanced version) it was working fine until recently, when as i go into the image save to file menu and click save max crashes out with an error has occured thingy message. I have tried merging, deleting etc... nothing seems to work has anyone encountered this strange phenomena Please help as i have very few strands of hair left to yank out..

I noticed Max will crash if you save your image to replace other image. Try save as other file name.

Comment

This is with a new image save and different name and file type

Comment

This is with a new image save and different name and file type

Comment

are you using rla or rpf with the Z-bufer on?
          or a depth pass in the file output render effect?

-cpb

Comment

Nah! these are just jpegs,even tifs tga or any other file. For some reason if i merge all the objs into a clean scene, it will work for a bit and then start to crash. I have merged individual objects in an effort to find a corrupt object or group of objects in the scene,but that did not work. It could be instability issues with amount of textures, however i really dont think this is the case as we have worked with bigger files in the past(both texture and polycount). Again it only seems to happen when vray is selected as the renderer, how this is possible has eluded me as i dont think there is a relationship between the renderer and saving a rendered image from the VFB or the image file save menu.....could be wrong though.

Comment

I had some crashes with very long paths name.
              try saving in c: emp (just for a test) or something like that.

Comment

I noticed Max will crash if you save your image to replace other image. Try save as other file name.
                yeah, I noticed that as well...must be a bug or something...sometimes I don't think about it and fall for it too....

paul.

Comment

I think there might be something there.... i'll go do some tests with the short path method.

Comment

Are you by chance using max6 with materials that use the ColorCorrect map?? Myself and several other have confirmed that the CC plugin causes instability in max6 anytime you go to a save/load dialog box. Once we removed the plugin, max no longer crashed.

Try this and see what happens. The unfortunate thing is that CC has no substitute other than color correcting your maps in Photoshop and saving them as new images.

John Pruden
                    Digital-X
                    John Pruden
                    Digital-X

www.digitalxmodels.com
                    3D Model Marketplace

Comment

eek! i've just threaded colour-corrects all through
                      my materials...

-cpb

Comment

Thanks very much John it seems you where right, I have removed all instances of CC and my scene appears to be working. I wonder what the trigger is because I use CC quite a lot and have not until now encountered this problem. Thanks also to everyone who responded to my plight

Comment

Cuneyt Ozdas is aware of the problem and is working on fixing it, though I have not heard of any progress reports in the last week. There is a thread started on his forum about this problem. Go to www.cuneytozdas.com to check for updates.

John Pruden
                          John Pruden
                          Digital-X

www.digitalxmodels.com
                          3D Model Marketplace

Comment

Working...
                          X