No announcement yet.

VrayFur & VrayFurStyler Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's an image of a final experiment, to conclude this thread from my end. Enter Mr.70's-Sideburns-man:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vrayfurDirection_TestFinal_01crop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	846995

This test uses different gray-scale maps in the Density, Length and the same color map in the Init&Bend Direction slots and the same lighting/rendering setup as previously described. It's just a very crude, unrefined example, but I think it illustrates nicely what is actually possible with VrayFur and maps. Now, if I understand it correctly, the VertexColorMap-method used by the VrayFurStyler modifier is rather limited in its use depending on the resolution of the mesh it is applied to, kind of like PolyPaint in Zbrush, but good for stuff that does not require any real control and won't be used in other apps. Color bitmaps open up a very extended range of flexibility, precision and control though. Maya's 3Dpaint capabilites are rather "imperfect" to put it mildly, but are more or less usable to interactively block out the color maps for further refinement in ie Mudbox or Photoshop. This will require quite a bit of back and forth for fine-tuning though. I'm not sure if the same kind of interactive-paint setup can be used in Max.

Anyways, as mentioned before, additional parameters such as twist, scraggle/kink/frizz etc would be very sweet to have in order to take it even further than currently possible. Here's hoping you'll be developing this very cool feature-set some more.

Thanks a lot again for your input guys!

Cheers!
    Last edited by TheRazorsEdge; 27-02-2013, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X