Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAX video post

Hi guys,
    I hope you don't mind me posting this here (if yes, please delete), but I'm finally done with rendering most of my frames so I'm making a first test in video post. I have 3 sequences, and first problem is with "fade" filter. I put it on the first sequence on its last 20 frames and start the next sequence 20 frames parallel to the first sequence and when I render, I see the frames blink (first/second) and at the end, animation shows only one - no fading. It's such a straight forward filter that I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong....and it's been a while since I made my last animation.

Second thing is output. Right now I only have avi defaults - uncompressed, Mjpeg and DV video encoder. I should have some old divx I bought a while back for encoding but I think the latest should be h264, right? Or should I render uncompressed out of MAX and then use some other software to compress it?

Also, right now my video is horizontally squashed when I play it. Frames (jpegs) are 1000x562, and video seams to be compressed to 4:3 or something. I tried it with KMP and Media player classic, they both compress it.

thanks in advance!
    www.hrvojedesign.com

does anyone still uses max video post ???

Comment

I don't I render out stills and assemble in After Effects,
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

lol that's what I thought you guys would say.
        But for last 7 years I never had animation requests, too expensive, and I didn't have hardware for it. Now I've been getting requests so I'm trying to get back in the game.
        Damn, I guess I'll have to get AE. Wasn't planning on it.
        www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Isn't there a thing called Composite that comes with 3ds Max?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

We tried to get into Composite/Toxik when it came bundled with Max. It is actually a really nice piece of software with some extremely powerful features. It has a full PXL language etc which we made heavy use of.

We had to abandon it though because of issues with crashes and bugs. If you look at the forum on the Area it is pretty dead. I am not sure it has an active user base any more. I would be interested if anyone here uses it? The last time I tried was the 2011 version. So I would also recommend After Effects or Nuke.

Comment

Originally posted by tiw View Post
              We tried to get into Composite/Toxik when it came bundled with Max. It is actually a really nice piece of software with some extremely powerful features. It has a full PXL language etc which we made heavy use of.
              Also tried and found it far too unreliable.

Didn't adobe just start giving away an old version of the creative suite for free? If all you're doing is things max's video post (lol) can handle, that'll be enough.

Comment

I think Blender comes with a free compositor too. I have not tried it but I am guessing it is much better than video post.

Comment

Blenders video editor and compositor is quite good if not a little frustrating finding how to do things. It took me a better part of an hour to figure out how to fade the volume at the end of a soundtrack. once you know how it's simple but the help manual is not so helpful.
                  val valgardson
                  http://www.photorealistic-rendering.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X