VRay Lens Effect as an element for animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Lens Effect as an element for animation

I'm trying to render a glare effect as a separate element but I'm not sure how to go about it.

I'm setting the Glare mode to be "Render element only", and it appears in the frame buffer as a separate Glare element, but how do I specify a path for it to be saved as an image sequence?

Ultimately, I want to use it as a separate pass to be overlaid over the Beauty pass, so the effect has to appear in the alpha as well.

Use the V-Ray frame buffer to save out your rendered images instead of the 3ds Max one.

Comment

Saving the render manually is not an option for animation. I need to save the sequence of renders automatically.

Comment

In the render settings go to the V-Ray tab and under Frame Buffer there is a section for split render channels. Here you can specify the output path for saving automatically.

Comment

Yes, I know this option. The problem is that the "Glare" element does not appear on the list.

Comment

No need to select it from the list, if you have set up split render channels it will save it automatically for you.

Comment

Ok! This works! Only problem now is that the Glare effect is being cut by the image Alpha. So glare that is supposed to bleed out of the of alpha channel is being clipped.

Comment

The information is not clipped - it is there if you ignore alpha channel or use premultiplied alpha you will be able to see Glare effect as you see it in VFB.
                Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Yes, you're right.

Thank you both!

Comment

I presume this is in the works as a normal framebuffer render element too? Seems like a nicely written and natural looking glare!

Comment

Working...
                    X