Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HDR Toning dialogue in Photoshop CS6 gone.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDR Toning dialogue in Photoshop CS6 gone.....

Hi,

Im working with 32 bit images and when i want to convert these to 16 bits, in CS6, i dont see the HDR toning dialogue (where i would choose "Exposure and Gamma" to preserve the image without changes) so the result when converting is blown out, not all layers change, but it seems like these where i change adjustments do change, also the masks of these layers.

Do you know how can i preserve my images/layers or bring back the CS5 HDR Toning?

Thanks,

Try flattening the image 1st and then copy paste in 16 bit file or save as hdr and then down to 16 bit maybe...
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

The problem is that i have a lot of render elements...

Anyway the change is not so big, thanks

Comment

If you have render elements that u screen and adjust layers then if you go from 32 bit to 16 then it naturally changes because 16 bit cant represent 32 bit colours and depth. Its normal. U should not do retouching on 32 bits if you know you will go down to 16/8.

Comment

If you want to keep all the adjustment layers you can select the whole layer stack and convert it to a smart object and then covert to 16bit. Then you just need to go back to the smart object if you want to do any 32bit adjustments. I do this with almost every render regardless of adjustment layers so I can always access the full dynamic range without losing the functionality of 8 or 16bit.
          Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
          e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Mmmm that makes sense, yep, since with other works the change to 16bit was made (though not showing the dialogue) with the Exposure and Gamma one

Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by simmsimaging View Post
              If you want to keep all the adjustment layers you can select the whole layer stack and convert it to a smart object and then covert to 16bit. Then you just need to go back to the smart object if you want to do any 32bit adjustments. I do this with almost every render regardless of adjustment layers so I can always access the full dynamic range without losing the functionality of 8 or 16bit.
              Thanks simmsimaging but this was not the problem, the thing is: i have VrayLightSelect in "Linear dodge (add)" mode to enboost the effect of that light, ok, if i change from 32 to 16 this effect is blow out a little bit, being more exposed. So yes, i think this would be inherit to the 32/16 bit data.
              Last edited by peprgb; 12-03-2013, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by peprgb View Post
                Thanks simmsimaging but this was not the problem, the thing is: i have VrayLightSlect in "Linear dodge (add)" mode to enboost the effect of that line, ok, if i change from 32 to 16 this effect is bloq out a little bit, being more exposed. So yes, i think this would be inherit to the 32/16 bit data.
                in 16/8 bit mode you should use Screen instead of (ADD) mode. its a fake way of making it ADD mode that looks very close....

Comment

Mmmm ok, so "Linear dodge (add)" wokrs fine only with 32 bit files? (i guess this is the reason of "linear" name?¿, all the LWF stuff, HDR...)

Comment

The blending modes work differently because (as I understand it) the actual information in the files is different, there is no getting around that. Anyway, the smart object route will still work just fine - although you may wish to smart-object sub-sets of your layers to preserve some layering capacity. Anyway, if you don't want to flatten your layers together I don't think you have any other option except staying 32bit for the whole thing - which is a PITA in Photoshop.
                    Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
                    e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Working...
                    X