X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IM+LC Calculation for animation with Moving camera

Hey

A Little question.

i am working on a scene of 3000 F with moving objects and moving camera - after reading here and there i found out that the best way for me is using this method http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/200R...ials_anim2.htm
    as written in the tutorial .

my question is : is there any way to speed up the calculation - it takes about 3-4 min for each frame to be calculated - in the overall it gets to almost one weak of gi calculation .

is it possible to calculate each 3rd or 5th frame to speed up the calculation ?

i am working on 1280*720 res.

any settings that i can tweak ?

thanks
    Dan

Hello Rufos

The answer is no - rendering scenes with moving objects requires GI calculation on every frame, and 3-4 minutes per is a very acceptable render-time.
    You can speed up calculations by optimizing your scene for faster rendering , sometimes it is even possible to divide your scene on static and dynamic part , like to following example:
    http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/200R...rials_anim.htm ... and you can render static objects with fly-through approach, http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/200R...ials_imap2.htm and then render dynamic objects with moving-objects approach.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

hey
      Thanks

is it possible to calculate the gi in that method using multiply machines ?

Thanks
      Dan

Comment

Yes it is possible.
        You can split your animations to sub-animations, and send every piece to separate machine.
        You can also use Backburner and send every frame to a different machine.
        It is also possible to use Vray Distributed rendering and all machines will be used in the calculation of every frame.

Comment

wow Cool

That is really nice .

just one more question - if i decide to use the backburner method - is the LC will be calculated as well and backed in to the IR Map?

Thanks

Comment

Yes - when Irradiance Map is used as primary engine it will also store secondary bounce information - Light Cache or Brutte Force.

Comment

Edit:Solved- cast/drop shadows off on the transparent object fixed it

Hey

Thanks
              I just did some quick render test after i finished the calculation.
              The issue is that i have transparent cover on the top part of the image-( the screen) and in that part i receive noise and flickering - the rest of the frame is great .

any tips on how to solve this ?

Thanks
              Dan

Click image for larger version

Name:	Keypad_Flickering.png
Views:	1
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	847263
              Last edited by Rufos; 03-04-2013, 02:26 AM. Reason: Edit

Comment

Working...
              X