Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need material help..

Hey

i need some help to get a certain look of a material. I tried but somehow I seem not smart enough. It seems its only a few settings with glossiness and/or refraction but I have no clue what a maps and settings i should use. The only thing i use right now are Diffuse and Bump map, the rest is now up to u guys I just need an explanaition of how the glossiness works in a vray material, why do i ned a map? and stuff like this . I recreated the material in Photoshop but rendering it in vray it looks too dull, the small light reflection is missing.

Pls give me an explanation for the glossiness or even better a tutorial or a link where I can go to

Thanx a lot

ralf

after readin it 2 times....i still dont get what ur saying.....if u like to no how glossyness work, it just make ur reflection/refraction blurry.......

Comment

Glossiess thing...

Well sorry for my confusing text, I guess iam sitting infront of my computer to long. My question is more of how to get the shine working. What map would you use to make it shiny, and iam not talking about reflection.

hope that makes it clearer.

ralf

Comment

in vray the only shine you get is reflection, as thats what it is in real life.

If you are after the specular highlight like in standard max you can use a standard max material, but you loose some functions which are only in vray material.

Comment

Working...
        X