Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• information....

Hi all,
    I am considering Vray basic for my architectural renderings, and I have a few questions:

1.is vray basic fully networkable? that is, is the radiance map, for example, calculated only once accross the renderfarm? what about animation (camera only moving, obviously)?
    In other words, when you save a radiance map, can you use it in a render farm?

2.Also, can you split a large still rendering accross a renderfarm?

3.Do you use VIZ network manager, or Vray has its own network renderer?

4.Does Vray support linear lights? So far, i could not manage to use linear lights with the free version. They look like point lights. Maybe there are some VIZ settings that I am missing (i am quite new at VIZ as well...).

5.What about area/object lights? that is, turning an object into a light emitter?

6.The radiance map settings are in the render tab and seem generic for all materials / objects. What if i want to have materials irradiate light differently? Is that done with Vray materials?

This software, so far, has proven to be quite amazing, even just the free version. I am very excited about the possibilities.

Thank you for reading,

regards,

Gio

Don't have the answer to all your questions, but I would go for advanced if you are serious about arch rendering. You don't need much projects to regain the difference in price, and I think in time you will be much happier with advanced than with basic.
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

i fully agree with flip on this. basic is.....well.....basic...its best to go with advanced for sure

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
      X