Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adaptive DMC and different render.

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the DMC. I am trying to render a scene in BF + LC. A sort of universal settings.
    I have noticed that when I use min 1 max100 in general the image is darker or anyway notably different then when I use min 1 max 4. I will post an image when I can.
    The difference in time is not big but I assume the 1-100 should be the correct one.
    I would like to understand why do I get such difference in lighting.
    Anyone can help?

I have already read the doc from Tony Bratincevic and altought it helps a lot I am still a little confused about it.

Kind Regards,

Giacomo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sampling_1to100.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	877477Click image for larger version

Name:	sampling_1to4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	877478
    Last edited by ARTECONI-CGI; 11-04-2013, 09:51 AM.

that is odd, I don't get that difference when I simply change the min and max sub values...
    Sorry that's not a solution...

Comment

Hello ARTECONI-CGI
      Is it possible to attach this scene ?
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Hi Svetlozar,

how can I send you the file?

Thanks

Giaocomo.

Comment

It looks to me as if you unhided some lights inside the draw/changed shadow on matterials with glass or made the glass self illuminating. There is something more going on than sampler.
          CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

It's lit just by vraylightmaterial

Comment

Yup but as you can see in the draw inside there is shadow or reflection changing or something. So maybe between tests you changed material or something. Or maybe u disabled ambient occlusion in GI.
              CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Not really.
                It is exactly the same scene. I have just reopened the scene. Removed everything and render it over a new plane and I get the same result.
                1-100 much darker than 1-4

Giacomo.

Comment

The Difference you see in the draw and shelf is given by the sampling.
                  The Vraylightmaterial is mapped with a vraydirt (inverted) and its result is much more visible with 1-100.
                  When set to 1-4 it's blowing out.

Giacomo.

Comment

Originally posted by ARTECONI-CGI View Post
                    Hi Svetlozar,

how can I send you the file?

Thanks

Giaocomo.
                    Please sent it to vray@chaosgroup.com
                    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Hmm - it kind of makes sense that it's darker at 1/100 - it might be a more correct light solution. 1/4 might not have enough samples to be able to deal with the blowout on your light material.

Comment

Had similar situation some time ago, I had subpixelmapping==on and higher AA would darken the image, while low AA gave me similar brightness as when subpixelmapping was off.

Comment

i think with subpixel mapping off is correct and/or the one with lower AA max,if subpixel is on and you have that high AA,the (unreal) effect of subpixel mapping will be multiplied more than with only 4x. so either turn off subpixel mapping or reduce AA max, (i have found AA around 32x is a good balance, fast and not so much negative effect if subpixelmapping in on)

Comment

Hi all,

sorry for the late reply, I have been busy with some crazy deadline.
                            I'll try to send the file as things slow down a bit.

If I don't go wrong I have both the clamp and subpixel mapping on

Another problem I have noticed with the dmc is that sometimes raising the max subdivs increase the noise instead of clearing it.
                            I can't understand why this happen unconsistently.
                            I remember the thread from bertrand benoit and the article from tony bratincevic but to behonest I got lost at a certain point.
                            Is there anyone who has a simple answer to how exactly behave the dmc sampler on the latest vray versions and how to tune it?

Kind Regards,

Giacomo.

Comment

Is it possible to send us an example scene to support@chaosgroup.com?
                              Best regards,
                              Zdravko Keremidchiev
                              Technical Support Representative

Comment

Working...
                              X