Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grant Warwick- Mastering Vray: Material Ideas Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do you think it'll be before you start selling it again? Would be nice to have these videos for a couple guys starting in jan. (and me)

Comment

• Tnx for the info Grand. I'm really looking forward the this section. I have been playing around with the info you gave us this far and I am getting result I like but I still like the one you posted more.
      http://www.slivercreations.net/temp/Metal.png
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Sliver_Creations View Post
        Tnx for the info Grand. I'm really looking forward the this section. I have been playing around with the info you gave us this far and I am getting result I like but I still like the one you posted more.
        http://www.slivercreations.net/temp/Metal.png
        I've just released the metal materials previewed a few pages back!
        Glad to see you playing around!

Originally posted by cubiclegangster View Post
        How long do you think it'll be before you start selling it again? Would be nice to have these videos for a couple guys starting in jan. (and me)
        3Dtotal will be getting back to me in the new years as I've organised an advertising plan with them.

So I think once I get the third video out?
        admin@masteringcgi.com.au

----------------------
        Mastering CGI
        CGSociety Folio
        CREAM Studios
        Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Maybe it's just me, but this methodology seems to fall apart with a high poly scene. I am working on a small house and everything goes well, until I start adding trees. plants, and grass. Now, without all the vegetation everything works brilliantly, but with all the extra information it stalls for hours and never moves from the initial buckets.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• can't say I've had the same experience, so far. Maybe keep trying...For me, final and test render times have been way faster, so far. That is a lot of typical arch-viz with trees, cars, plants, displacement, glossies, etc, etc. Looking forward to next lesson.

Comment

• Originally posted by glorybound View Post
              Maybe it's just me, but this methodology seems to fall apart with a high poly scene. I am working on a small house and everything goes well, until I start adding trees. plants, and grass. Now, without all the vegetation everything works brilliantly, but with all the extra information it stalls for hours and never moves from the initial buckets.
              I just finished a job that was 27000 pixels wide, 50 translucent crash test dummies with 3 layers in every shader, highres textures, internal GI and refraction and the render time was 9 hours...
              But remember that ats 27000 pixels wide!
              Every scene is so different so I'm not sure what could be slowing down your scene but are you using highres HDRs?

----------------------
              Mastering CGI
              CGSociety Folio
              CREAM Studios
              Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Yes. I am lighting the scene with a very large HDRI
                Originally posted by grantwarwick View Post
                I just finished a job that was 27000 pixels wide, 50 translucent crash test dummies with 3 layers in every shader, highres textures, internal GI and refraction and the render time was 9 hours...
                Every scene is so different so I'm not sure what could be slowing down your scene but are you using highres HDRs?
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com
                e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• Hey Guys,
                  I've been travelling for 10 days and did not received any update yet from Grant.
                  So I'm wondering if, by mistake, I missed the updated?
                  Thanks
                  NB : Forget about it, I do received the chrome balls package in the Spam folder
                  Last edited by fraggle; 22-12-2013, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by grantwarwick View Post
                    I can't even open a 5000x7000 exr 32 bit with 10 channel with photoshop (6GB exr file, 42 Gb of ram in the system)! How do you deal with such a large image in post prod?

Comment

• Hi Grant,

Got another one for your list, or at least to consider.
                      Stretchy fabric, as seen at this site (watch the flash images.)

Comment

• Weeeirrddddd. I've never had a problem with things like that!? I've retouched 50-60 layer car files together in 32bit at that resolution on this home computer which is getting on now.

What graphics card?

Voltron7- Going to take a look!

----------------------
                        Mastering CGI
                        CGSociety Folio
                        CREAM Studios
                        Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Lesson 2 has been uploaded and sent out to subscribers.

Thanks for the patience, I put a lot of polish on this video. (I think it took over 10 hours of recording to produce a 40 minute video)

----------------------
                          Mastering CGI
                          CGSociety Folio
                          CREAM Studios
                          Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by grantwarwick View Post
                            Weeeirrddddd. I've never had a problem with things like that!? I've retouched 50-60 layer car files together in 32bit at that resolution on this home computer which is getting on now.

What graphics card?
                            GTX780 at the moment but same happens with a Quadro FX5800.
                            Not sure the CG plays a role here!

Comment

• Originally posted by grantwarwick
                              think it took over 10 hours of recording to produce a 40 minute video
                              sounds about right from my experience

Comment

• Originally posted by viscorbel View Post
                                sounds about right from my experience

Hahaha how did you handle it long term? I've got very solid motivation, but I do I have to watch out not to avoid family.

----------------------
                                Mastering CGI
                                CGSociety Folio
                                CREAM Studios
                                Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X