Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grant Warwick- Mastering Vray: Material Ideas Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by grantwarwick View Post
    Alright guys! I've finished up Mastering V-Ray, 22 hours of content later!
    Sorry I haven't had time to stay involved in this thread but I just wanted to thank all of you for the invaluable support you have offered me on here and throughout the course!
    It ended up taking a bit longer than expected but I also got out a ton more content than I thought I would!
    Now that the material workflow has changed, I'm glad I didn't invest too much time going down the wrong path but my brother and I are working on rebuilding the entire site to include a material library for you guys.
    I think it's about time that there was a central location for photoreal and optimised materials!

Cheers once again! What a ride that was!
    Hope you guys find a better provider for webspace because daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn that's slow
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

• Thanks Grant,
      It has been a great course and I'm really looking forward to the lighting course!

Stan
      3LP Team

Comment

• great in depth tutorials, would love to join your courses & probably will .
        www.kobo9.ch

Comment

• And it would be useful to get some kind of structured overview of the 12 lessons to actually see what you before you buy access to the course get on your site. The first demo lessons look promising but it doesn't really give an idea how much more there is exactly.
          Maybe a very short promo-trailer for each of your courses would also help bring it to the audience.
          Looking forward for the lighting course!

Comment

• Originally posted by grantwarwick View Post
            Now that the material workflow has changed, I'm glad I didn't invest too much time going down the wrong path but my brother and I are working on rebuilding the entire site to include a material library for you guys.
            I think it's about time that there was a central location for photoreal and optimised materials!
            ...now that the course has ended, will there be an announcement when this actually happens? Would be great to see all the pre-subscribers' material requests and examples posted in the beginning of this thread from 2 years ago!? Hope these have not been be forgotten.

Comment

• + for for materials library! Just a handful of common materials would be good for reference.

Comment

• It sounds like it was a marketing traps! May be 100+ pages of request material = 15 Material provided during the course, and they can't be render without the used of massive render farm because they are very slow to render.

Originally posted by voltron7 View Post
                ...now that the course has ended, will there be an announcement when this actually happens? Would be great to see all the pre-subscribers' material requests and examples posted in the beginning of this thread from 2 years ago!? Hope these have not been be forgotten.

Comment

• And the promise of the materials being released of the top 10 winners of his contest, and the promise of the release of his own materials, which weren't finished, and the delays, etc etc. I don't mind about the materials, I have learned a lot of his lessons to reproduce my own, but there's a reason I have decided not to enroll in his mastering lighting.
                  A.

---------------------
                  www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

• Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
                    I have learned a lot of his lessons to reproduce my own, but there's a reason I have decided not to enroll in his mastering lighting.
                    To be honest I don't feel like the courses are worth the money anymore. Grant still didn't deliver all the things he promised before. Not the mention the missing order receipts and stuff I am still waiting for... And the delays, man. The first lesson of mastering lighting was released at 8th of May. No that was more than two months ago, still the second lesson has not finished recording. I mean, as far as I know that guy is doing these tutorials full-time. Seriously, how hard can it be?
                    Last edited by kosso_olli; 23-07-2015, 01:37 AM.
                    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

• I also feel that his business is not being handled properly from my - customer point of view and I am sorry Grant but my trust is gone.
                      Best Regards

Tomek

Portfolio: http://dtown.pl/

Comment

• If you count all of the subscribers, he earned an estimate of 871900 AUD, just deduct the free ones he gave away, the cost of his computer, webserver (very cheap because face it the website is fucking slow, you don't need to host it in Australia, that's just a lame excuse), some advertising here and there. Maybe pay his brother for helping. Add that to the boxing career he's trying to pursue, and he doesn't feel the pressure to earn money and produce his material, because in this business that is usually how it works, you create something and in the end you get paid for it, not vice versa. Sorry Grant but that's the way it is.
                        A.

---------------------
                        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

• Originally posted by kosso_olli View Post
                          To be honest I don't feel like the courses are worth the money anymore. Grant still didn't deliver all the things he promised before. Not the mention the missing order receipts and stuff I am still waiting for... And the delays, man. The first lesson of mastering lighting was released at 8th of May. No that was more than two months ago, still the second lesson has not finished recording. I mean, as far as I know that guy is doing these tutorials full-time. Seriously, how hard can it be?
                          Yup, not to talk about multiple messages sent to get informations about the formation (my boss needed some details to subscribe to it for us), messages still waiting answers after months. Not very reassuring. So my boss gave up ...
                          Nicolas Caplat
                          www.intangibles.fr

Comment

• Hey dudes,
                            I've just been reading through some of the latest messages and honestly I can't really defend myself at the moment but I can say with certainty money hasn't been my motivator.
                            It might be hard for you to understand where I'm coming from with my life goals but basically when the course started I had only just begun on the boxing journey and I have been dead serious on trying to reach the Olympics. I was training 3 times a week and pretty much had a lot of down time. Since then, things have only become more extreme. In order to actually achieve this goal, I've learned that it requires training 6x a week, sometimes twice a day, relentlessly and that is where I'm at currently and my body is still adjusting to such a heavy physical workload.
                            Please understand that I get exactly where you guys are coming from. I've spoken to my brother and we agree that it can be perceived that we're taking advantage of the situation. There hasn't been enough content put out since Mastering V-Ray has finished. Simply stating this though doesn't change much, I just want you to know I understand the concern and I'm currently trying to dig myself out.
                            Life definitely hasn't been easy going this route. I wish my body would recover more quickly from the training and I'm reaching a point where it's become quite stressful because I'm split between reaching my dream and not being able to balance the business that funds it. I worked such ridiculously long hours as a CGI artist, I honestly assumed I'd be able to do both but the body cannot be pushed anywhere near as hard as the mind.

With all that being said, It's gotten to the point where shit needs to get done. I'm gonna try and hit a mental reset switch and get things back on track. My brothers also going to do the same.
                            Cheers dudes
                            admin@masteringcgi.com.au

----------------------
                            Mastering CGI
                            CGSociety Folio
                            CREAM Studios
                            Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Its great to see your update Grant, hope it all comes together for you.
                              Cheers,
                              -dave
                              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

• With Grant's courses I like to think of it like this...

"Give man fish, and he'll be fed for the night,

Teach a man to fish and he'll be fed for the rest of his life!"

Grant's training courses teach people how to analyse and make their decisions like he does rather than just copying like you do in many other training courses. That said, Grant, get your ass in gear and make some new tutorials, they've changed VRay completely because of you and your efforts and now we need new videos showing how to use these new changes!
                                Maxscript made easy....
                                davewortley.wordpress.com
                                Follow me here:
                                facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Working...
                                X