How do Standalone works exactly ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do Standalone works exactly ?

Ok here is the idea : on a rendernode for DR, i did not installed any 3dsmax neither any other 3D packadge...

I would like to use this node for DR rendering...

So i guess the "standalone render node" option in the installer is the one to choose...

But it does not install any exe to start... except RT ones

And more fun : the "Launch V-Ray DR spawner" in the start menu does only open an explorer window, nothing else...

So of course it does not render...

I'm used to work with the 3dsmax render installation, with the dummy-occurence of 3dsmax that is started by Vray DR spawner...

What did i miss ? i can't find infos in manual, nor in forum...

Thanks for help.

Regards
    dream it !
    model it !
    love it !

As far as I know when you render with max in DBR during render you need max to be installed on node and running it as dummy.

You use Vray Standalone if you export from max to vray file and then using that you can use DBR with only vray slave installed on node...

In maya you could do what you want to do with max since vray maya as default uses vray standalone and not vray maya to render dbr.

Then again its been 1year + since I used Vray Max so yea I'm probably wrong!

Thanks, bye.
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

It is not possible to run DR without Max installation.
      However if you export your scene to vrscene and use only Vray Standalone it is possible to run such job over machines without installed Max , using only Vray Standalone.
      Please have in mind that Vray standalone doesn't come with Vray for 3DSMax.

However you could install 3DSMax in trial mode on all render-slaves - Vray will be able to use all of them even when the trial period is ended.
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

thank you for those explanations...
        dream it !
        model it !
        love it !

Comment

Working...
        X