Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you need gamma 1.0 in output in Max 2014... use MaxScript.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you need gamma 1.0 in output in Max 2014... use MaxScript.

Hi Guys,
    gamma settings (input/output) in Max 2014 are just hidden.

If - for your workflow - you need gamma in output 1.0
    just type fileOutGamma=1.0 as MaxScript code

Of course there are so many different solutions to get the right gamma with Max 2014 + V-Ray
    This line command is right for all users who want (for any reason) gamma 1.0 in output

More details here:
    http://www.cg-blog.com/index.php/201...10-max2014.htm

Hope this helps
    Ciro Sannino

And what about gamma input ? I recently switched to max 2014 and noticed that it automatically applies gamma 1 to all loaded textures
    I solved that by opening a 2013 scene with the gamma input set to 2.2 But how to change that through max script? I tried fileInGamma=2.2 but that doesn't have any effect

mekene

Comment

but why would they do that? is it a new "feature"?

Comment

Dunno. There are so many areas of max that desperately need improvement. I never felt that gamma management was one of those : it was just working and was predictable. Now that it's supposed to be automatic you don't know what max does in your back.
        It's nonsense : instead of fixing problematic areas of the software autodesk messes with tools nobody complained about.
        Just take a look at the top requests on 3ds max feedback 3dsmaxfeedback.autodesk.com/forums/80695-general-feature-requests/filters/top
        do you see gamma management in the list?

mekene

Comment

It had to do with the way mentalray implements gamma and LWF.

Comment

Working...
          X