So whassup with VRay 1.1...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So whassup with VRay 1.1...?

When will we be able to enjoy the new features of VRay 1.1? Can't wait to have a go at fur etc. in my Max 6 install.

Cheers,

Metin
    Sevensheaven.nl — design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

dates?....release periods???......

paul.

Comment

I am also getting very impatient for a release that is fully compatable with the now old MAX6. 5 months and counting!!!!. I personally don't care if it's called 1.1 or not.

Tony

Comment

Max6 compatibility turned out to be somewhat more complicated than we initially thought; there are some new extensions to be taken care of and a lot of testing to be done...

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Vlado. I'm sure all of us dedicated VRay enthousiasts will be very glad to help you thoroughly test the Max 6 version of VRay 1.1 as soon as possible.

Good luck with the last adjustments.

Cheers,

Metin
          Sevensheaven.nl — design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

Comment

Hi all !

Thank you for the reply !!
            As I already read it, if it was just possible to get the current version for
            max 6 with the distributed rendering, it would be a good start.
            But if there isn't here yet, this may be because, there is a big problem
            with.
            We will be patient, so...

Anyway, you will achieve it.

Good luck !

Gael

Comment

thank you discreet, for annoying your customers once again.
              a program that relies on plugins, that have to be rewritten every time a new version comes out. after each update (except from 4 to 5) it takes 4-8 months to have the same functionality again.
              i´m really fed up with this.

andre

Comment

Just like with any other 3d application bro.

Stefan
                Stefan Kubicek
                www.keyvis.at

Comment

interesting quote from the finalrender forum, edwin braun (cebas guy):

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:11 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is not only that 3ds max 6 has a lot of changes internally affecting a renderer plug-in, it also became dramatically more complex and expensive to develop under 3ds max 6.
                  I'm confident that you will soon see other developers who will adjust to the new development situation with Discreet.
                  Marc Lorenz
                  ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                  www.marclorenz.com
                  www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

I wonder what he really means by "the new development situation with Discreet" ??

paul.

Comment

The way Edwin puts it makes it sound like Discreet is the mob or something. I hope this whole Discreet Certified Plug-in deal doesn’t ruin other developers dreams

--Jon

Comment

Originally posted by J_Bug
                        The way Edwin puts it makes it sound like Discreet is the mob or something. --Jon
                        yeah...that was my impression as well......that could be bad news for certified developers.......I wonder what's even the advantage of being certified??.....besides being taken under the "protective" wing of Discreet...

paul.

Comment

With the way discreet has been going I wont be surprised if there is no max7

-dave
                          Cheers,
                          -dave
                          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

I have heard a rumor that Discreet will dump Max and release a new 3d package in 2 years.
                            Eric Boer
                            Dev

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
                              I have heard a rumor that Discreet will dump Max and release a new 3d package in 2 years.
                              Yup and that's probably when everyone will switch to Maya :P

-dave
                              Cheers,
                              -dave
                              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
                              X