network rendering: vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• network rendering: vray

Do you require a licensce for each machine you network render to, using the basic version of vray? If not, is there a limit to the number of machines you can render to? Does vray support animations?

I cant remember the limit on machines but for your render slaves you should be able to install v-ray and use it like how you install a render slave version of max. You wont need serials for either.

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

I think the limit is 10 comp slaves......for the advance/full version.

paul.

Comment

There is no limit for backburner rendering. For DR it's 10 computers (no processor number limit on each computer).
        Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

ops...my bad.......you're right egz, I got confused.

paul.

Comment

i have rendered vray in command line mode with max6 on 50 machines with no problem.
            well, there was one problem in that max decides to create a scratch file that it uses to render from. that's not initially bad, but unfortunately, it creates that in the same directory as the original file.
            as you can imagine...
            50 machines going thru a 200-500mb file causes a shitload of network traffic.
            there is a command line option that allows you to set the path of the scratch location should you need to do that.

anyway, yeah, the render turned out just fine and i was able to use our in house render controller to work the render out.

throb
            throb
            vfx supervisor
            http://throb.net

Comment

guys i have also rendered by using the render farm but i have one question. i dont know if i am changing the topic but i am rendering an animation which is firstly rendered with vray then i changed it to radiosity. but its giving me an vray.dlo error but i have just uninstalled all vray software and tried to build up all the rendering with radiosity. how do you get rid of that missing vray.dlo error when ur farming it.
              dont tell me to install vray again cuz i dont want to do that, is there any other solution?
              thanks

Comment

Are you sure it's saying vray.dlo? .dlo files are object plugins, and the only vray object plugins I'm aware of are vrayfur60.dlo and vrayplane60.dlo (or 50 for max5 builds).

What you should do first is to make sure there are no VRay lights, maps materials or objects in the scene. Materials and maps will show up as missing if the plugin has been uninstalled, and all of the things I listed will give you a missing dll error when you load the file.

Comment

thanks EGZ for ur info but the thing that i did is the same a took out every vray light and i changed all materials to regular architectural materials not vray mat so do you have any other suggestions?

Comment

could you post the scene?

Comment

Also check for VRay shadows on Max lights and unassigned VRay materials/maps in the material editor and make sure VRay isn't the renderer for production, draft or material editor.

Failing that, assign a standard material to all the objects in the scene and merge them into a new file.

Dan
                      Dan Brew

Comment

Working...
                      X