Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior walkthrough animation - tutorial in manual very outdated - any tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior walkthrough animation - tutorial in manual very outdated - any tips?

Hello guys,

i need to render a walkthrough animation with static objects, however the tutorial on the vray support is so old.
    Basically it lacks all the newer features such as "use camera path" etc.

Is there any other tutorial out there on the web that you know of and is safe to use?
    Under tight deadline so i really need the solution that works

Thank you very much for tip!

Best Regards

Martin
    Martin
    http://www.pixelbox.cz

http://www.workshop.mintviz.com/tuto...on-using-vray/
    this one?
    www.archcg.my

Comment

Thanks for the tip man!!
      i ve tried to use SUBBURBS SOLID ROCKS to produce the GI calculations but it ended up in backburner and the local station giving me errors on IM loading. Basically it did not render anything.
      So right now i am trying to use your tutorial, so fingers crossed.
      Will post once/if i am successfull
      Martin

Comment

you really dont -need- any of the new features to render a static flythrough! "use camera path" is not needed unless there are moving objects..

* set imap to multiframe incremental with a path to save imap, with decent quality settings

* tick "switch to saved map"

* set lightcache to flythrough, and increase subdivs a bit, save it if you are using lightcache for glossy rays, and choose "switch to saved map" - if not using lc for glossies dont even bother to save.

* set render to "every nth frame" and choose a reasonable number that covers all your scene

* tick "dont render final image"

* render either locally (with dr if you like) or on a single machine on the farm.

* after rendering that, make sure your imap is set to "from file",and if needed your lightcache too..

* untick "dont render final image"

* disable "every nth frame"

* render

* have a cuppa.

Comment

I use Solidorcks for animations all the time, without any issues. Have you tried the support forum on SolidRocks webpage? He's always fast to respond.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

hi guys,

Thanks for the response and a step by step guide!
            Well my time is so crunched these days that i had to go for something that is the most prone to errors...so i followed the tutorial posted by John.
            I think that actually for our scene it is quite what we need and so far, it seems like it work nicely.
            The precalc phase took about 3 hours on 192 frames (computed over BB on 8 comps). We have quite delicate scene with some details that need to come out crisp and flicker free so i bumped the settings a bit more than probably needed

On Solidrocks note, there must be something going on quite wrong and i am really surprised it doesnt even count with the "use camera path" options.

Thanks again for all the help here! really appreciate it!
            Martin

Comment

Glorybound - hello

I finally post something here about SR, since I have no answer on its dedicated forum.
              I'm wondering something about the methods proposed by MOAWiz when it comes to rendering animation sequence. What is the most efficient (rendertime and quality wise) between Single-Pass render and 2-Pass render (with IM interpolation) ? I mean, so far, I've always thought that when it come to animated objects, 2-Pass render with IM interpolation was the only way to go ! do you have some solid experience with Single-Pass render ? no flicker ? rendertime better ? I have tons of moving objects ...

Thanks a lot for any help you could provide - we're on heavy deadline here, and all the rendertime I can save would be highly welcome to spend on post-prod
              Nicolas Caplat
              www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Working...
              X