V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Beta Open!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by super gnu View Post
    but do i understand correctly.. no more free network rendering?! you have to pay an extra 250 euros a node?! does this include for DR?
    Dory: It's so... *pretty*.
    Marlin: [mesmerized] I'm feeling... happy, and that's a big deal... for me.
    Dory: I want to touch it...
    [she does; the light bobs quickly away]
    Dory: Oh!
    Marlin: Hey, come back. Come on back here. I'm gonna get you.
    Dory: Come here.
    Marlin: [singing] I'm gonna swim with you...
    Dory: I'm gonna get you. I'm gonna get you.
    Marlin: [singing] I'm gonna be your best friend...
    [a big scary fish looms into view]
    Marlin: ...Good feeling's gone

Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

to be fair i should have read more carefully before posting.. its not quite 250 euros a node *when upgrading*

if you upgrade and pay more (700 euros instead of 300) you get 11 render nodes.

still a looong way from 10 free dr, and unlimited network rendering.

Comment

I would really love to get more details and explanations regarding new node licensing... I at the moment I'm scared. - I know it had to happen but ehh Cut some slack to small freelancers!

Is the universal node the only one we can have? No way of having old vrya licensing with 10dbr + render nodes?
        How does it works with maya?

Thanks, bye.
        CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Right, so to upgrade my relatively small setup I will have to pay EUR500. I presume these Universal Render Nodes include DR functionality as well as regular Network Rendering?
          Alex York
          Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
          www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

"I know it had to happen but ehh"

why did it have to happen? obviously not privy to the internal workings of Chaos, but they seemed to be doing rather well with the current licensing system...?

Comment

Originally posted by alexyork View Post
              I presume these Universal Render Nodes include DR functionality as well as regular Network Rendering?
              Yes, it's a render license for one machine for any kind of rendering.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

"I know it had to happen but ehh"

why did it have to happen? obviously not privy to the internal workings of Chaos, but they seemed to be doing rather well with the current licensing system...?
                Well all they did with licensing is to line them up with other render engines like MR and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                  Yes, it's a render license for one machine for any kind of rendering.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  Thanks for confirming, Vlado.
                  Alex York
                  Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
                  www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Since we are using universal licensing... and losing quite few "free" stuff... Would it also make sense to make Vray Production render also universal ? So If I have Vray license I can use it on max/maya/softimage and everywhere else as long as its 1 copy running? I think that would make it quite lovely for all that use multiple packages

Comment

i know.. but that was one of the things that was *better* about vray

anyway im gonna stop crying now.. doesnt affect me hugely, but not nice to see the world's best software company (tm) doing something negative for customers.

my friend who uses amazon to render however.. is gonna be rather frustrated.

Comment

i know.. but that was one of the things that was *better* about vray

anyway im gonna stop crying now.. doesnt affect me hugely, but not nice to see the world's best software company (tm) doing something negative for customers.

my friend who uses amazon to render however.. is gonna be rather frustrated.
                        Oh god amazon. Imma gonna slice my wrists now :/

Comment

Really disappointed about the render node licenses. To go from 10 to 1 is ludicrous, and whilst I totally understand that it is probably necessary to keep turnover high, I can't help but feel that perhaps 3 render node licenses would be more reasonable.

Licensing aside, I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the new version. It looks fantastic and I'm especially looking forward to using the progressive renderer.
                          Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

Yeah Im dissapointed too with licencing. I switched from mr in June - Australia prices.

Now +$700
                            Last edited by DPS; 04-09-2013, 02:47 AM.
                            Win10 x64, 3DS Max 2017 19.0, Vray 3.60.03
                            Threadripper 1950x, 64GB RAM, Aurous Gaming 7 x399,

Comment

* Backward Compatibility:
                              V-Ray 2.x licenses will remain active for a 6-month grace period from the date of upgrade to V-Ray 3.0.
                              A special V-Ray 2.4 build will be available to provide compatibility with V-Ray 3.0 licenses.
                              Does that mean i have to use vray 3.0 if i'm upgrading, or ist it possible to have 2.4 runnign aside the 3.0?

My Workenvironment is mainly configured that i will do major changes with major sotware releases. So my plan is continour to use 2.4 with Max 2012 to get no trouble with older Projects. And Run vray 3.0 with Max 2014+
                              I dont wanna see my 2.4 not running anymore after 6 month, if i need to work on an older project again.

Comment

My stomach turns when reading about the new pricing scheme.

Comment

Working...
                                X