Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe i'm wrong .

if you say
    Yes, it's a render license for one machine for any kind of rendering.
    Is it possible then if you got one license and 1 or more Rendernodes, that i'm allowed to have a second machine rendering a scene - no DR (rendernode license) and also work on another machine (full license)? That would have been an advantage over currenty License + 10 DR.

Otherwise it would be a bit odd - but the upgrade price 1+6 or 1+10 from 2.0 seems ok. Maybe its just disappointing if you buy vray 3.0 brand new and need extra render nodes

Comment

Is there anybody that installed the new beta upgrading the wibu and can clarify if vray 2.40.04 (last stable build) license will work over the network?
      I'm eager to try it but i can't compromise all studio's renderings.

Btw i have to say the new pricing scheme for render nodes had me worried. This was definitely a major feature of vray, having the possibility to upgrade our renderfarm without worrying about anything else, and that's one of the reason we do 100% vray at the moment. Not sure if that would have been the case if things would be have been like this.
      KCTOO - Directors

Comment

Originally posted by kagemaru View Post
        Is there anybody that installed the new beta upgrading the wibu and can clarify if vray 2.40.04 (last stable build) license will work over the network?
        The new license server is fully backward compatible with previous V-Ray versions and will work fine. But on the other hand, if you feel uncomfortable, maybe it's better to wait for a few days to see if anything comes up.

Btw i have to say the new pricing scheme for render nodes had me worried. This was definitely a major feature of vray, having the possibility to upgrade our renderfarm without worrying about anything else, and that's one of the reason we do 100% vray at the moment. Not sure if that would have been the case if things would be have been like this.
        What you say is true of course, and we are very well aware.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

whys everybody so disappointed?
          its not so bad at all (unless you ve got a huge renderfarm)

for us its two licences + 12 render licences
          thats 1400 bucks in total.

FOR A HUGE UPDATE!!!!!!!!

So many of u keep paying greedy Autodesk subscriptions for nothing for over a decade now.

How much has vray cost you over the years and what did you get for it???

What would you like more? Give money to Chaosguys to keep them running business nicely and keep on building great piece of software OR make them sell Vray to Autodesk to make a nice EXIT while they still can?

....and pleeeease......read the pricing schemes well before you start whining.

...and yes....feel free to call me an idiot.

....and yes, i understand the concerns of those who have massive renderfarms, but i am sure Chaosteam has special offers for them too (unoficially)

just my few cents
          Martin
          http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

im not saying vray isnt still good value.. and you are right its not a huge hit to me personally. but is it unreasonable to comment when such a drastic change is made to licensing...? one that at the least, means vray is a bit more expensive than before, and at worst (amazon rendering for example) makes things much more expensive..

and just fyi.. i cancelled my adsk sub last year

one note.. that 1400 bucks would have pretty much bought you 2 full vray 2 licenses with unlimited rendering. now its that price for an -upgrade-

anyway i dont wanna winge. its fine, just a single grey cloud in a beautiful sky.

Comment

Beta installed, and rendering!! Remember you must also upgrade your lic server to the new one, it wont work otherwise like I just spent an hour finding out!! And I confirm that all my 2.4 lics still work. I've not yet tried installing the beta and leaving 2.4 installed, I let it uninstall the old version on the test machine.

Interesting UI changes, a few not really needed but ok! Not sure about the basic, advanced and expert options. Might be nice if you could set them once and get rid from UI. I think most of us on here will want all setting shown at all times!!?

Just getting some blades installed now so I can test properly.

Regards the new node cost, ok a shame, but still pretty cheap considering! Happy to pay out now when all point releases are free, and Vray 4 will be at least 1 1/2 - 2 years away?

Mark

Comment

So is this stopping the possibility of using amazon cloud to render? As far as I understand it with the cloud it's many low performance nodes, rather than a single super node. I didn't try it yet, but I was looking into the possibility to switching to some kind of online render system instead of maintaining a small local render farm.
                Marc Lorenz
                ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                www.marclorenz.com
                www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

probably you could rent the licenses for the duration.. but no.. its not necessarily low performance nodes.. they have monsters too...

Comment

"V-Ray 2.x licenses will remain active for a 6-month grace period from the date of upgrade to V-Ray 3.0.
                    A special V-Ray 2.4 build will be available to provide compatibility with V-Ray 3.0 licenses."

Does the mean that after the upgrade even my "old" 2.4 lics are not unlimited rendering anymore?
                    MBA Studios | 3D Images & Visual Effects

Comment

Sad to see after using vray since 2003 that we will have to pay out for render nodes, this will make or break the upgrade for me being a small studio

But cant wait to try the Beta!
                      Last edited by askhamdesign; 04-09-2013, 04:59 AM.
                      Simon Askham - http://www.supercreative3d.com Rendering with Threadripper 2990WX Asus Prime X399 36GB DDR4

Comment

Wbc File

Yes, someone already posted how, but it did not work for me...but how do you extract a Wbc file from the dongle?

Comment

Originally posted by voltron7 View Post
                          Yes, someone already posted how, but it did not work for me...but how do you extract a Wbc file from the dongle?
                          Open the license server web page in a browser (f.e. if it is running on the same machine, it would be http://localhost:30304 or http://127.0.0.1:30304) and scroll to the bottom of the license server status web page. You will see a link that says "To upgrade your licenses click here" - click on that and follow the instructions on the next pages.

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

https://www.google.cz/search?q=repro...Co_H7Aa_yIDACg

second link
                            Martin
                            http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

I'm still waking up I suppose! My license server was not running when I tried the first time...worked fine after I turned it on.
                              Thanks for the answers guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus View Post
                                "V-Ray 2.x licenses will remain active for a 6-month grace period from the date of upgrade to V-Ray 3.0.
                                A special V-Ray 2.4 build will be available to provide compatibility with V-Ray 3.0 licenses."

Does the mean that after the upgrade even my "old" 2.4 lics are not unlimited rendering anymore?
                                This is a very, very good question.
                                Michael Wentworth-Bell
                                Motion Graphics Artist
                                Melbourne, Australia

My site - Digital Lode

Comment

Working...
                                X