V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Beta Open!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait a minute...
    After 6 months there is no more "unlimited free rendering".
    Does this mean that if I have a single Vray 2.x license and a bunch of rendernodes (which doesn't require seperate licenses right now), the render farm will break with future recompiled versions, say 3ds max 2015?
    Marc Lorenz
    ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
    www.marclorenz.com
    www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

It means once (I believe) you get vray 3.0. After 6 months u lose vray 2.x - if u use UPGRADE.

If you want to keep on 2.4 just get new license.
      CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Originally posted by plastic_ View Post
        Does this mean that if I have a single Vray 2.x license and a bunch of rendernodes (which doesn't require seperate licenses right now), the render farm will break with future recompiled versions, say 3ds max 2015?
        When you decide to upgrade from V-Ray 2.0 to V-Ray 3.0, we provide a 6-month transition period during which your V-Ray 2.0 license will still be valid in order to leave you enough time to manage this change.
        At the end of the 6 months, you should be all set with V-Ray 3.0 and the V-Ray 2.0 license (including GUI, DR and Network license) will expire.

I insist on the statement "When you decide to upgrade" i.e. when you contact our partner, purchase the upgrade and reprogram your dongle - we do not put any hidden expiration whatsoever in the software build itself (so break would not occur with "recompiled versions"), it's all about when you feel ready to do the upgrade and move to new levels with V-Ray 3.0

If you want to continue using V-Ray 2.0 and start enjoying at the same time the faster brute force, simpler UI, progressive rendering and tons of other features and optimization from V-Ray 3.0, then yes as mentioned Dadal you can either consider getting a new license when the new version is released, or buy an additional 2.0 license now which would grant you free upgrade, or consider the rental options available if that is more flexible for you.
        Last edited by Christophe.Cot; 06-09-2013, 02:39 PM.
        Christophe COT
        Software Developer - Chaos
        christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

yo,
          aaplied among the first ones but still havent received any info on the involvement in the vray beta program? What coudl be wrong??
          Martin
          http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
            yo,
            aaplied among the first ones but still havent received any info on the involvement in the vray beta program? What coudl be wrong??
            High amount of requests

Comment

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
              yo,
              I just checked and strangely I do not find any record of your beta request.
              Did you apply through the beta application form through our website ?
              Can you pm me the dongle SN you used for the beta registration or send that info to sales.software ? we will sort that out don't worry
              Christophe COT
              Software Developer - Chaos
              christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

On a positive note I think I will be upgrading on speed alone it will be worth it for my small studio setup, did a few simple basic quick tests on speed V3 Vs V2:

http://www.supercreative.co.uk/vray3/vray3.html

More to follow.

The speed increase on the glass render is unreal!
                Simon Askham - http://www.supercreative3d.com Rendering with Threadripper 2990WX Asus Prime X399 36GB DDR4

Comment

Heh very cool tests Did you do anything else other than opening the scenes and rendering? Did you use the Embree thing?

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by askhamdesign View Post
                    On a positive note I think I will be upgrading on speed alone it will be worth it for my small studio setup, did a few simple basic quick tests on speed V3 Vs V2:

http://www.supercreative.co.uk/vray3/vray3.html

More to follow.

The speed increase on the glass render is unreal!
                    Can you in 32 bits substract them from each other and show us the result? I'm curious as to differences.

Thanks, bye.

Comment

• I use opened up that basic scene that I use to test materials and sent it via network render to one of my machines, rendered the same scene x3 times to check the times were consistent. Don't think I used the Embree thing?? Be interesting to see if gpu speeds would be similar?
                      Simon Askham - http://www.supercreative3d.com Rendering with Threadripper 2990WX Asus Prime X399 36GB DDR4

Comment

• Originally posted by DADAL View Post
                        Can you in 32 bits substract them from each other and show us the result? I'm curious as to differences.

Thanks, bye.
                        Sorry Dadal I do not understand quite what you mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by askhamdesign View Post
                          Don't think I used the Embree thing??
                          Then it would be interesting to try it See here: http://help.chaosgroup.com/vray/help...tem.htm#embree

Be interesting to see if gpu speeds would be similar?
                          Yep, me too

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Take both of the renders in 32 bit in photoshop. Put them 1 above another and set the top one to Substract. Then show us the (I hope)Fully black image if no show us what there is. This will show us how different are the renders.

Comment

• Originally posted by askhamdesign View Post
                              I use opened up that basic scene that I use to test materials and sent it via network render to one of my machines, rendered the same scene x3 times to check the times were consistent. Don't think I used the Embree thing?? Be interesting to see if gpu speeds would be similar?
                              Don't expect speed improvements on the GPU (at least not yet).
                              However, there are new stuffs supported (render elements, procedural noise and others).

Best,
                              Blago.
                              V-Ray fan.
                              Looking busy around GPUs ...
                              RTX ON

Comment

• With the VRmat materials, does this open the door for Chaosgroup to develop Vray native procedural maps like for example, Vray color correct, VrayNoise, VrayGradient, VrayTile, etc. ?

Comment

Working...
                                X