V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Beta Open!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by michaelwbell View Post
    Wow. This is pretty crazy! I do struggle to think why anyone would want to upgrade now!
    Let me just clarify that the standard upgrade will be available only once we release the final product.
    Therefore "now" is only available the V-Ray 2.0 for 3dsMax license (granting the free upgrade to V-Ray 3.0)
    Once V-Ray 3.0 for 3dsMax will be released, the upgrade (2.0 -> 3.0 or 1.5 -> 3.0) will then be available and only the 2.0 version will not be proposed anymore.

I will definitely buy a new 2.4 licence in this case (for the free ugprade path)
    Perfect ! Keep in mind though that this offer is limited in time (until we release V-Ray 3.0) so hurry up.

But a new Vray 3.0 with the 3 render nodes sounds ace. Great!
    Glad to hear that
    Christophe COT
    Software Developer - Chaos
    christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

• Thanks for the clarification Vlado. Can't wait for the current project to be finished so I can take the beta for a spin too.
      Cheers,
      Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

• In my mind it is kinda silly to NEGLECT customers that have been loyal and using the product for YEARS. I mean loyal customers only get 1 render node, whereas NEW customers get 3!

Is it just me or does that sound a bit crazy?!?
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

• Originally posted by vlado View Post
          Yep, I agree. Hopefully Simon will get to do proper 32-bit ones.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          What file formats would you recommend to save from max and then to post online for this? exr or vrimg?
          Simon Askham - http://www.supercreative3d.com Rendering with Threadripper 2990WX Asus Prime X399 36GB DDR4

Comment

• EXR is more compatible with other software, so that would be best.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Full 32 bit EXR Uncompressed(or ZIP/zips)format. Ture 32 bit plz not cut down 16.
              CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

• Originally posted by Morne View Post
                In my mind it is kinda silly to NEGLECT customers that have been loyal and using the product for YEARS. I mean loyal customers only get 1 render node, whereas NEW customers get 3!

Is it just me or does that sound a bit crazy?!?
                I understand your point and I can assure you we value very much all our users.

Referring to the new licensing, we do propose upgrade from V-Ray 2.0 to V-Ray 3.0 in 3 flavors -> GUI + 1 Render Node, GUI + 6 Render Nodes and GUI + 11 Render Nodes with pricing range from 300EUR (i.e. even 25% or 100EUR less than 1.5 to 2.0 upgrade) until 700EUR including full upgrade of for both GUI and Render Nodes.
                If you compare that with a brand new 3.0 licenses, we will see huge savings here and this is obviously only available to current users as it is about upgrades.

We even did not forget our users still using V-Ray 1.5 - which we have been supporting for free for almost 10 years - as we do also propose an upgrade plan from 1.5 to 3.0. Not many companies offer the possibility to upgrade your software from X-2 version to X version but Chaos Group does with V-Ray 3.0, and again if you compare you can see huge potential savings.

If you feel anything is unclear about our new policy, feel free to ask.
                Christophe COT
                Software Developer - Chaos
                christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

• My licensing server is still running 32-bit. So may I still run the dongle under 2.4, and run 3.0 on the workstation and nodes? Or do I need to upgrade the OS on the licensing server.

Thanks
                  David Anderson
                  www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
                  Windows 10 Pro
                  3ds Max 2023.3 Update
                  V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
                  Puget Systems
                  TRX40 EATX
                  AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.69GHz
                  2X NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
                  128GB RAM

Comment

• Hi i've instelled now this beta version, with "uninstall previus version" disabled.
                    But in Max there isn't the possibility to choose vray 2.40.04 or vray 3.05.01.......there is only vray 3.05.01!!

There is the possibility to run both version in the same computer?
                    I've read this thread but i haven't see this question!
                    www.kodocreation.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
                      My licensing server is still running 32-bit. So may I still run the dongle under 2.4, and run 3.0 on the workstation and nodes? Or do I need to upgrade the OS on the licensing server.

Thanks
                      Please send us a request to support@chaosgroup.com with Subject: License server x86 and we will send you an appropriate server version.

Originally posted by 3DKodo View Post
                      Hi i've instelled now this beta version, with "uninstall previus version" disabled.
                      But in Max there isn't the possibility to choose vray 2.40.04 or vray 3.05.01.......there is only vray 3.05.01!!

There is the possibility to run both version in the same computer?
                      I've read this thread but i haven't see this question!
                      Yes, but on different 3DS Max versions.
                      Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

• No I dont think so but you can just re-install the older version to swap it only takes seconds....
                        Simon Askham - http://www.supercreative3d.com Rendering with Threadripper 2990WX Asus Prime X399 36GB DDR4

Comment

• It means once (I believe) you get vray 3.0. After 6 months u lose vray 2.x - if u use UPGRADE.

If you want to keep on 2.4 just get new license.

I think that is a no-go. If a client wants me to have changes on a project i made 2 years ago, i dont wanna set everything up in that scene in order to have a compatible result as like 2 years ago in 3.0.
                          Instead i'm better with the use of 2.0-2.4 release to get the changes done in a minimum of time. My client will be pissed if i told him, sorry you gotta pay much more extra because i need an license again to use the old version.

Currently i have 2 Licenses and i'm quite good with that, also with the rendernode issues, as the upgrade options allow me to be kind of future proof with my current sets of workstations.

But buying a new license to use old Software is kinda realy breakdown. Even Autodesk let me use my old versions of 2010 or 2012 even if i upgraded or subscribed to 2014 or +

I hope you reconsider the licensing expiration for 2.4 licenses one you upgraded to 3.0

I do not want a given extra license, i just want to have the options to decide which renderer should use the license i once bought.

--- also i dont just want to keep a most of the time unsused license for 2.4, just in case a client want changes on old projects ---
                          Last edited by nakama; 06-09-2013, 06:12 AM. Reason: added some statement

Comment

• if i understood correctly you will be able to use a "new, special" version of 2.4 for your older projects.. but one which i suspect wont have unlimited rendering....

Comment

• Originally posted by super gnu View Post
                              if i understood correctly you will be able to use a "new, special" version of 2.4 for your older projects.. but one which i suspect wont have unlimited rendering....
                              ok, that would be an option i can work with. As i said, my little firm with 2 licenses and around 5 workstations can work with the new upgrade option +1 +6 or +11 rendernodes.
                              But not using 2.4 after 6 month anymore without a "old" license was frighten me.

can chaosgroup clarify this - that rendering 2.4 after 6 month transition periode is still possible but with restriction on rendernodes as with 3.0 licenses?

Comment

• Originally posted by nakama View Post
                                can chaosgroup clarify this - that rendering 2.4 after 6 month transition periode is still possible but with restriction on rendernodes as with 3.0 licenses?
                                Exactly.

Best regards,
                                Vlado
                                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                                X