• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vlado View Post
    Exactly.

Best regards,
    Vlado

Thank you - now i feel better about upgrading.

Comment

• So, as a freelancer I have one main workstation and 4 more render nodes that I will possibly be expanding to 4-5 more total 9 render nodes next year some time.

What would be the cheapest upgrade path for me ? It sounds like a new purchase of a 2.4 license may be the best way to go at the moment. It does seem a bit strange if this is the case and comes across as if these prices haven't been considered quite as much as they should have been. Why would anyone purchasing a new 2.4 license be better off financially than a long time user with the same version trying to upgrade ? It makes no sense !
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

• Originally posted by stevesideas View Post
        So, as a freelancer I have one main workstation and 4 more render nodes that I will possibly be expanding to 4-5 more total 9 render nodes next year some time.
        What would be the cheapest upgrade path for me ? It sounds like a new purchase of a 2.4 license may be the best way to go at the moment. It does seem a bit strange if this is the case and comes across as if these prices haven't been considered quite as much as they should have been. Why would anyone purchasing a new 2.4 license be better off financially than a long time user with the same version trying to upgrade ? It makes no sense !
        Hi Steve,
        Since you mentioned about upgrade, I will assume that you own 1x V-Ray 2.0 for 3dsMax. If not please correct me.

Here are 3 different options with a quick cost estimation (note that the price I mentioned here are suggested end user price, taking EUR as currency, and excluding VAT or local taxes):
        1) Bundle Upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0 with 10 Render Nodes : 700EUR

2) Bundle Upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0 with 5 Render Nodes (cover your immediate needs) : 500EUR
        Upgrade the remaining 5DR to 5 Render Nodes later during the year : 300EUR
        Total : 800EUR

3) Buy a V-Ray 2.0 license now : 970EUR
        Upgrade 7 Render Nodes : 380EUR
        Total : 1350EUR

Conclusions:
        As you can see overall it is more cost effective to go for the option 1 i.e. purchase an 3.0 upgrade pack including 10 render nodes.
        The 2nd solution is intermediate and is like a 2 settlement option - you lower the 1st installment by 200EUR, and purchase the remaining when needed. The total cost increases by 100EUR however.
        The final solution considers buying a new license now, so getting free upgrade including 3x render nodes, and upgrading the remaining 7x render nodes. Clearly this solution is the most expensive so it does not make sense to me.

Hope this helps.
        Christophe COT
        Software Developer - Chaos
        christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

• I appreciate the feedback. It kind of makes sense to go with option 1. Thanks
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

• Originally posted by stevesideas View Post
            I appreciate the feedback. It kind of makes sense to go with option 1. Thanks
            You're very welcome - I'm glad I could help you
            Christophe COT
            christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

• Support dont sent the file.!!!!

Plzzz answer!!!

Comment

• It's already Saturday night over here; you will get it on Monday at the latest.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• LOL @ Vlado! I love your new signature! Seems very fitting right now.

I wish I could hang a sign on my office door that says something similar.

Hang in there, it's almost over.
                  Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
                  Midwest Studios

Comment

• Hi there,

Is the Beta open to users with an educational license or is it exclusive to commercial license users?

Comment

• I've asked to become a beta member but in meanwhile I've a question about the beta:

if I've understood well Chaos send me an updated license file for the dongle but when beta will expires, if I don't buy the upgrade I imagine that Vray 2.4 still works regular... Is it correct??

Comment

• Originally posted by bardo View Post
                        I've asked to become a beta member but in meanwhile I've a question about the beta:

if I've understood well Chaos send me an updated license file for the dongle but when beta will expires, if I don't buy the upgrade I imagine that Vray 2.4 still works regular... Is it correct??
                        I asked the same thing, and this is what support responded with: "Yes, your license for V-Ray 2.0 is not affected in any way. You can install and use V-Ray 2.40" So no worries on that.
                        David Anderson
                        www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
                        Windows 10 Pro
                        3ds Max 2023.3 Update
                        V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
                        Puget Systems
                        TRX40 EATX
                        AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.69GHz
                        2X NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
                        128GB RAM

Comment

• So this single render node we're getting with the new ui workstation license, Is that so that you can render on your workstation, or so that you can DR on another machine?
                          In other words, can I render with my workstation and dr to another machine, or only on the workstation with this single node license?
                          Kind Regards,
                          Morne

Comment

• Originally posted by Morne View Post
                            So this single render node we're getting with the new ui workstation license, Is that so that you can render on your workstation, or so that you can DR on another machine?
                            In other words, can I render with my workstation and dr to another machine, or only on the workstation with this single node license?
                            Hi Morne,
                            The render node license is used when a node renders (or we could say when a machine needs to access V-Ray rendering core library).
                            In this aspect, local render or network render (DR,...) are one and the same, each of them consume one RN license per machine.
                            So with the 1 User license including a single render node license, basically only your local machine can render either through Production render or RT render.
                            Let me know if any other questions.
                            Christophe COT
                            christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

• Oh wow ! So what you are saying is that the 1st option for upgrade 1+1 its Not workstation+ slave render but just workstation render?
                              CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

• Originally posted by DADAL View Post
                                Oh wow ! So what you are saying is that the 1st option for upgrade 1+1 its Not workstation+ slave render but just workstation render?
                                Jip, just when we thought it couldnt get any worse
                                Kind Regards,
                                Morne

Comment

Working...
                                X