No announcement yet.

V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Beta Open!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the only way to switch between VRay 2.4 and the 3.0 Beta on the same max version to unistall and re-install constantly?

And just to make sure again, if a scene was made with the 3 Beta, I CANT open it in 2.4?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

• Originally posted by Morne View Post
      Is the only way to switch between VRay 2.4 and the 3.0 Beta on the same max version to unistall and re-install constantly?
      This is unfortunately true; that's why I generally recommend to install them on different 3ds Max versions. With 3ds Max now being able to save to older formats, it works fairly well.

And just to make sure again, if a scene was made with the 3 Beta, I CANT open it in 2.4?
      On the contrary, you can open it in 2.4 and usually it will be fine. The only caveat is if you use the progressive image sampler, you need to switch to something else before rendering in 2.4 - otherwise it will crash.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Could you set up two user accounts in windows and run vray 2 on one and vray 3 on the other? Just a thought but not tried it.
        Simon Askham - http://www.supercreative3d.com Rendering with Threadripper 2990WX Asus Prime X399 36GB DDR4

Comment

• Originally posted by askhamdesign View Post
          Could you set up two user accounts in windows and run vray 2 on one and vray 3 on the other? Just a thought but not tried it.
          No, that's not going to work, since the files are in the 3ds Max folder, and not per user.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• How can i obtain render elements with vray rt?
            www.kodocreation.com

Comment

• Use GPU mode
              CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

• Originally posted by DADAL View Post
                Use GPU mode
                I use Cuda mode and i select all render elements as active, but in the activescade window i see only render RGB pass. There isn't button save separate channel or the possibility to switch between RGB color and other render elements.
                Instead in vray frame buffer i have the possibility to switch between RGB color and other render elements.

I've forgotten to check some option?
                www.kodocreation.com

Comment

• I think you do need to use VFB to see and save extra passes at the moment. Alternatively can u just set up RT as production render and render that way?
                  CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

• Originally posted by DADAL View Post
                    I think you do need to use VFB to see and save extra passes at the moment. Alternatively can u just set up RT as production render and render that way?
                    I've set RT as a production renderer, now there are render elements, but without information, only total black or white image.

I am waiting any indication on how to get the render elements with vray rt GPU, if is possible as said.
                    www.kodocreation.com

Comment

• Supported render elements for now on the GPU are Normals, ZDepth, Reflection, Refraction, Lighting, GI, DiffuseFiler, ReflectionFilter, RefractionFilter, Self Illumination, Specular, Multi Matte, Light Select and Extra Tex.
                      If you are using any of them and you are using RT-GPU in production mode, you should be able to see them (nothing more is required).
                      V-Ray fan.
                      Looking busy around GPUs ...
                      RTX ON

Comment

• OK!! I thought to obtain render elements in activeshade viewport....
                        Thanks
                        www.kodocreation.com

Comment

• does multimatte with the option affect all channels ticked work in cuda gpu mode properly? i get different results changimg between rt engine and advanced engine.

Comment

• Originally posted by kein_plan View Post
                            does multimatte with the option affect all channels ticked work in cuda gpu mode properly? i get different results changimg between rt engine and advanced engine.
                            Sorry, at this point "affect channels" option is not working on the GPU.
                            We have this in our todo list.
                            V-Ray fan.
                            Looking busy around GPUs ...
                            RTX ON

Comment

• okay, thanks for the info.

Comment

• Is the Embree implementation in Vray 3.0 a more refined version of what has been available on http://help.chaosgroup.com/vray/misc/? I find this crashes Max on virtually every occasion I have tried it.

Comment

Working...
                                X