Mysterious file size increase in max6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysterious file size increase in max6

I have been having a hell of a time where my models just keep increasing i size my last save was 430mb i have never seen a max file this size especially as it is a small scene. I exported a camera with an animation path of 150frames simple movement and the file size was over 80mb. i posted this information on the forum but i dont think any one has encountered this. Here is a link and a possible solution to anyone with this problem........

http://support.discreet.com/webboard/wbpx.dll/~3dsmax

It is in the max6 specific section under the heading-File size problems.

I wonder why discreet has not mentioned this or posted a fix??

shouldn u post this in the max6 forum?

Comment

Two quick things that i've found contribute to both filesize, and load/save times.. in the Files tab under the Customize/Prefrences area, unchek both Save File Properties, and Save Schematic view (assuming you don't actually USE the schematic view..) Also check to make sure that radiosity hasn't become turned on somehow.. the global meshing can take huge amounts of space.. But i highly doubt thats something you can enable by accident.

Compress on save can also help reduce sizes, but it adds to the load/save times..

Those sizes are silly though, i've got a couple scenes in the 4 million poly range that hardly break 100mb..

Regards,
      Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

This is a problem with max6 and yes i could post it in the max6 forum, but i spend a lot of time here in our vray forum and as such dont really get to spend more time over at the various max forums. Besides Anyone who uses vray is a max and therfore the information is pertinent to anyone on this forum who has encountered the problem(which is not common i have to add). The information is for everyones benefit

Comment

This is a serious problem the solution. It cause a crash with npower booleans (out of memory crash).
          A little help is the compress on save function, but it costs time.

There is a nĂ­ce solution on the discreet forum too.

robert

Comment

It's a pretty big bug in my opinion, I was causing major headaches. Everyone should be aware of it especially if you work with large scenes and Xref's.
            Richard De Souza

www.themanoeuvre.com

Comment

Here is a fix for this problem-

1. Go to file > XRef Objects and close it again.
              2. Go to File > XRef files and close it again
              3. Go to the pink text box on the left bottom of your screen. Type in: gc() and press enter
              4. Save the file.

Enjoy

Chris Jackson
              cj@arcad.co.nz
              www.arcad.co.nz
              Chris Jackson
              Shiftmedia
              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
              X