Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short animation, camera pan and no moving objects - irr map calc - use camera path ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short animation, camera pan and no moving objects - irr map calc - use camera path ??

If I have the above spec for an animation and want to use primary: irr, secondary: brute force, is it feasible to calculate the irrmap using camera path for one frame, save it and then use this for the final render sequence ? or can I not do this when using this brute force method ?

Also, if I can use this method, is it possible to calc this Irr using DR ? or should the irr map be calculated on one system for consistency ?
    Last edited by stevesideas; 10-09-2013, 04:56 AM.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Yes it is possible to calculate Irradiance Map for the entire animation with Use Camera Path option on - just for a single frame.
    In that case it is recommended to increase Subsiv-value a bit because the samples will be distributed over the entire animation not just for a single view.
    Brute Force or Light Cache will be saved within the Irradiance Map - and later on at the rendering stage when IM is loaded from file you should disable Secondary Bounce Engine since it is already saved into IM.
    If it is not disabled Vray will calculate it again but it won't use it in the final rendering, because it will use the information stored into IM.

It is also possible to calculate IM on multiple machines via DR - it should work just fine.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I forgot to respond to your reply. Thanks for the confirmation !
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
      X