Photons Schmotons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photons Schmotons

Why do i have to turn my photon multiplier in the global settings from 1.0 to.001(after saving photon map) in order to remove the complete burn out rendered when calculating an irridiance solution. Indoor walk through, 58 Vray area lights to generate photons for 4floors and 2 atriums. Did not want to use individual spots so i opted for large general lights. Please help Guys..

Photons work with the scale of your scene. I guess you could say that a photon is a set measurement in VRay. I think Natty's posted some examples of this around here somewhere.

--Jon

Comment

When i render out a photon map at multiplier setting of 1, it looks fine until i check the convert to irradiance button at which point i get a white render. I think if it was a scale issue then the original photonmap would be wrong too, unless the irradiance method and the photonmap method use different scales which is crazy.

Comment

You could always try colormapping.
        Cheers,

/Thomas
        Eyecadcher Media

Comment

I can render out images, i just wanted to know the reason it does this. I set my global photon multiplier after i load the photonmap to .001 and it is fine. I need a reason in order to have a better understanding of the product, it may well be a "bug hunt"

Comment

I had the same problem once, but i think it was due to vray lights set as sky portals, when i used them as ordinary lights, it was fine.

Comment

I have got some skylights, actually quite a lot so i will run a check to test this. I will post results.

Comment

Working...
              X