Incremental Illum. for stills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incremental Illum. for stills

Is it possible to save first the environment illumination, add later a group of lights and resave not having to recalculate the first one again, for a still in Vray?
    I mean saving incrementally like in Lightscape
    Thank you!

no, not really, but you can store the gi solution, load ist and add the other lights. with that method i created an animation of a club with several disco lights worked fine.....animation with add incremental every 10th frame and then the whole, stored anaimation with the coloured lights. gi is not all....you can fake a lot.

Comment

Could you explain the method you mentioned, please!

Comment

This is a well knowned problem. The incremental add is the only way to calculate new light or view.
        Vlado wrotte a clear and helpfull tutorial on that, time ago . You should make a "search" in this forum or go to the vrayinfo section.
        Aren't you using "Insight" anymore. Welcome to vray.........

Comment

What is "Insight"?

Comment

he probably meant brazil......hehehe...I recognize that scene in your avatar....wasn't that one of the photon lighiting tutorials for interiors w/ brazil??...one of those in the tutorials area for registered users??......

i remeber going through that scene trying to figure out photos for brazilll....and as much as I liked the prog...the workflow for setting it up and get it to work was very convoluted.....to say the least.

paul.

Comment

What does the avatar got to do with my question?

Comment

Cheers,

/Thomas
                Eyecadcher Media

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Speaking of avatars, Doan, that is a little large ,don't you think?
                        Eric Boer
                        Dev

Comment

Working...
                        X