Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering a photo in a scene

Hi all-

I keep encountering this problem. I have a background that needs to be rendered into a animation. I mapped the background to a half cylinder and put it into the scene. It is assigned to a standard material with the image in the diffuse and self illumination slots. I also set the geometry properties to not receive or cast any shadows. The problem is that the image always renders out washed out and too brite. Looks nothing like the image. All color and contrast is gone. I tried evrything including the Lighting Override material but cannot acheive the true look of the photograph. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    www.rayduststudios.com

Have had this problem come up recently in a scene.. None of the normal ways that i know of to make a material into a light source were in use..

the offending objects are both a cylindrical mapped site photo used for reflections, and also a skydome object that we've been using for several years.
    Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

shine a direct light at it - in the light properties make sure only the object receives the light , in vray system properties uncheck create and receive GI - if its still to bright then its probably a colour mapping problem or another light illuminating.

Comment

Set the self illumination to 100% but don't use the image for it
        (only the illumination). make sure the in the vray propteries receice GI is turned off.

Comment

is the image RGB?

i had a problem that sounds similar when i used a CMYK image in diffuse.

just a thought...
          when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

I've had the same problem... I had to render a seperate pass in scanline and comp it back in.

I suspect it's the colormapping that does it, but I haven't tested it.
            Try render without comlormapping, and see what happens.
            Cheers,

/Thomas
            Eyecadcher Media

Comment

Yep color mapping makes your image look very different! An option to exlude things from the color mapping would be great (like you can exclude the background image from it)
              Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Working...
              X