Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render elements and Backburner

Hi.

Could somone please confirm if it is possible to render out VRay atmospheric render elements to distribured rendering (via Backburner). I have a batch of 300 frames that I want to render with just Phoenix flames so that I can comp these in After effects.

I seem to have gone through all the settings in the VRay set up dialogue. When I render a single frame with "VRayAtmosphere" selected in the VRay Frame buffer I get the correct render in the VFB. I can then save this off to tiff as required. When I try to render a batch of files on my own machine, the files are saved as geometry rather than VRay render elements. When I send to Backburner the renders are RGB and show the scene geometry rather than the atmospherics.

I looked at a tutorial and it just showed one frame being "viewed" in the VFB and then saved off to the required format, rather than being rendered to a saved file.

Can this be done via Backburner?

Thanks,

Terry

Would it please be possible for someone to advise on this. I need to render VRayAtmosphere Render Elements via Backburner as soon as possible. Desperate for help.

Many thanks,

Terry

Comment

select your geometry, make them matte objects with alpha set to -1 in their vray properties.
      enable "save separate render channels" in the VFB settings, deselect "save RGB"
      set your output folder the "split render channels" settings
      disable all render elements except vrayatmosphere if you have any.
      send to backburner

I hope I didn't miss something.
      www.hofer-krol.de
      Visualization | Animation | Compositing

Comment

Thanks henning.

I had been guided away from the route of making objects matte and towards using the VRayAtmospherics dropdown to just render off the flames.

HOWEVER, I did what you suggested and I got a result! The only other thing I had to do was untick a couple of boxes on the VRay tab. Lighting/shadows and Materials/Refl/Refr. This was to lose the reflections that I had already rendered in my geometry render.

Many thanks for your help,

Terry

Comment

Working...
        X