GTX titan GPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTX titan GPU

Does anybody know how the GTX Titan GPU works with vray RT GPU rendering. Has anybody had any issues so far? I am looking to build a 4 card machine but this card has not been tested by vray.
    res3d

Look into the RT GPU forum :

http://forums.chaosgroup.com/forumdi...7-V-Ray-RT-GPU

There are plenty of tests with the Titan

Stan
    3LP Team

Comment

can you send links to those threads. I did find much info
      res3d

Comment

Use the search there is a few threads about the Titans...I'm running (4) Titans and seems buggy consistent with crashes. and with the lack if procedure maps and features I would not recommend it for production work at this point.

Originally posted by res3d View Post
        can you send links to those threads. I did find much info
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
        Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by eyepiz View Post
          Use the search there is a few threads about the Titans...I'm running (4) Titans and seems buggy consistent with crashes.
          In our experience, this is often due to motherboard issues or driver issues or both.

and with the lack if procedure maps and features I would not recommend it for production work at this point.
          You can get quite a lot done even so. Many people do use GPUs for production work.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I can almost render using only GPU some of my scenes. I only lack few more color correction nodes so Its quite close for some of us
            CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              In our experience, this is often due to motherboard issues or driver issues or both.
              Vlado
              I have a some scenes with complex materials that almost instantly crash with GPU. if I drop a solid gray material on the scene it will render fine without crashes. My system is pretty stable only V-Ray will crash my video card driver on my PC.
              Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Yeah we have those issue often as well, you just need to track which material is doing that, for me, it's often multi materials that crashes.
                But if you can live with the fact that a lot of the plugins are not supported (multitexture/bercon/vizpark/etc) then GPU is really nice to work with and a huge time saver.
                I would recommend to work on GPU for smaller project though, I tried on shopping centers and it's just too hard to track down all the materials to make it work on GPU, smaller project like a interior that has been created from scratch for GPU are working quite well.

Stan
                3LP Team

Comment

Originally posted by eyepiz View Post
                  I have a some scenes with complex materials that almost instantly crash with GPU. if I drop a solid gray material on the scene it will render fine without crashes. My system is pretty stable only V-Ray will crash my video card driver on my PC.
                  Then it would be best to get us the scene to take a look at what's wrong with it.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by 3LP View Post
                    I would recommend to work on GPU for smaller project though, I tried on shopping centers and it's just too hard to track down all the materials to make it work on GPU, smaller project like a interior that has been created from scratch for GPU are working quite well.
                    Yep, it looks like starting a project from the very beginning for the GPU is a better strategy than trying to make it work with existing scenes.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Apparently they are building a Titan Ultra and a Titan LE
                      Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

Vlado,

I sent you a scene on 9/11.

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                        Then it would be best to get us the scene to take a look at what's wrong with it.

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Would it be possible to send us the scene also to support@chaosgroup.com
                          Please include a link to this thread cause we receive a lot of scenes and sometimes is difficult to track down from where they come from.

Thank you in advance.
                          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by Macker View Post
                            Apparently they are building a Titan Ultra and a Titan LE
                            I would be surprised if they release a TITAN LE version. The GTX 780 is pretty much what you would expect a TITAN LE to be (slightly less CUDA cores and not as much RAM). So they could just make it the GTX 780Ti as they have done in the past with others. It would then have slightly more cores than the current TITAN. If they choose to not increase the RAM then the current TITAN would still be the better GPU as 6GB is beneficial. Jumping from the current 2688 cores to an expected 2880 wont give you much rendering improvement.

I wrote an article on the TITAN which you can view here: http://www.workshop.mintviz.com/feat...rce-gtx-titan/. It might be of some use.

Comment

Working...
                            X