Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avoid self-reflection

Hello,

is there a way to have an object avoid to reflect itself, but still reflect other objects ??

thanks !

Have you tried checking 'visible to reflection' off in the object properties?

This will make it dissapear in all your other reflections too, so you might want to do an object pass and render it on it's own after the base is rendered (select the object, ctrl+i to invert selection, right click vray properties, check on matte object, alpha -1, reflection & refraction amount 0 and check off no GI on other mattes)

Comment

Can you use Distance Tex?

Comment

I don't think this is possible to be done in a single pass - but it easy achievable by rendering two separate passes like cubiclegangster mentioned earlier.
        Would it be possible to send us some very simple scene which will help us to understand what exactly do you want to achieve.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar_draganov View Post
          I don't think this is possible to be done in a single pass - but it easy achievable by rendering two separate passes like cubiclegangster mentioned earlier.
          Would it be possible to send us some very simple scene which will help us to understand what exactly do you want to achieve.
          Two objects, one set to visible to reflection but invisible to render, the other object with reversed settings?
          admin@masteringcgi.com.au

----------------------
          Mastering CGI
          CGSociety Folio
          CREAM Studios
          Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

Originally posted by grantwarwick View Post
            Two objects, one set to visible to reflection but invisible to render, the other object with reversed settings?
            I think the goal is to keep both objects visible to camera and only limit the reflections.
            Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X