Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to use VFB+ plugin AND get a vray RAW image?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to use VFB+ plugin AND get a vray RAW image?

I was using VFB+ plugin up until I started using the RAW image from Vray - I preffered this to the Vray frame buffer simply because it had more options.

In order to get the vray RAW image, I need to enable the Vray frame buffer so I can't use the plugin anymore.

Is there a way around this? The vray buffer is good but I miss the send to Photoshop button (with options), autosave history, 10%, 25%, 50%, 75% render buttons and render preset drop down to name a few. It also provides mental ray with a 32bit frame buffer.
    Win10 x64, 3DS Max 2017 19.0, Vray 3.60.03
    Threadripper 1950x, 64GB RAM, Aurous Gaming 7 x399,

Hi,

What file format do you need to save? You could set .Vrimg or .EXR from the 3ds max native image writer.
    Unfortunately I'm not familiar with VFB+ plugin, but did you try to set "enable built-in framebuffer" ON in the VFB section and uncheck "memory frame buffer". This way the raw image file option will work.

Is there an option to keep them (VFB and VFB+) working both?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by DPS View Post
      Is there a way around this?
      Unfortunately, no. If you know a bit of C++, you can trick V-Ray into writing a .vrimg file even when using the standard 3ds Max VFB (or VFB+), but there is no option for this in the UI.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
      X