Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easiest way to share a licence over 2 locations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It works, it works, it works

Man that was much easier than I thought. Thanks for all you help folks

Originally posted by cubiclegangster View Post
    Whatever you're paying him is far too much
    Well in his defence he is an architects technician and is knowledge is pretty good for a part timer. I'm guess maybe he didn't really have the time or inclination to work it out

To Dean, Hope you have got it going. You simply need to:

Install Hamatchi on your workstation and on the PC holding the Vray license dongle.
    On the dongle machine, in the Hamachi client select network - Create a new network. Input a Network ID and Password
    On your workstation select Network - Join an existing network. Enter the same Nework ID and password.
    Once connected enter the IP address shown in the Hamatchi client beside dongled machine into the Vray license preferences and bingo.

Hope this makes sense
    Greg

Comment

Originally posted by DADAL View Post
      Ure out of my reach I'm in portsmouth, South sea
      lol... Couldn't be much more out of reach and still be on the mainland really
      Greg

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper View Post

To Dean, Hope you have got it going. You simply need to:

Install Hamatchi on your workstation and on the PC holding the Vray license dongle.
        On the dongle machine, in the Hamachi client select network - Create a new network. Input a Network ID and Password
        On your workstation select Network - Join an existing network. Enter the same Nework ID and password.
        Once connected enter the IP address shown in the Hamatchi client beside dongled machine into the Vray license preferences and bingo.

Hope this makes sense
        Hi Greg, thanks for the tips, I have been flat out with projects this week so haven't had chance to tinker yet, but I'll follow your guide and let you know how I get on. I think I understand the concept of hamachi now, which I think is where I was going wrong before.

PS, another Brit here, stuck in the middle in Yorkshire!

Comment

Working...
        X