Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your GUI consume a render node in 3.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your GUI consume a render node in 3.0?

I just purchased Vray 2.0 pro (whoohoo!) to replace my edu version with the prospect of getting a free 3.0 upgrade. My understanding is the free upgrade comes with 1 workstation license (GUI+RN) in addition to 2 RNs. That brings the total RN's to 3.

What the dealer I spoke to wasn't sure of was whether one of those render nodes is consumed by the GUI while rendering? So in my situation I have 1 desktop and then a render farm with 3 computers in it. So my original impression based off the Q+A wording was even though 4 machines would be rendering I'd only need 3 RNs and the GUI would take care of itself with its own 'GUI' license, but he thought I might need 4 render nodes since the GUI would be a 'RN' while rendering. Would someone at CG mind clarifying this?

If I do need the additional node would I still be in the $140 upgrade category?

Cheers,

Daniel

Originally posted by danio View Post
    to wasn't sure of was whether one of those render nodes is consumed by the GUI while rendering?
    Any rendering requires a render license (with the exception of the material editor). The GUI license is for the purposes of showing the V-Ray renderer UI and for rendering in the material editor. I hope this helps; if you have any other questions, please email us to vray@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado - Thanks for the clarification, makes sense now.

Daniel

Comment

Working...
      X