Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray 2.x on max 2012 & 3.x on max 2013

Hello,
    due to the incompatibility of 2 vray version running at once on the same computer is it possible to get one version of max with vray2.x and another version of max working with the new 3.x?
    thanks

I have 2 versions of vray running on the same computer.
    It all depends if you have enough license free.
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Thanks,
      sorry, It was not explained properly. We are talking about 1 license, and max 2012 & max 2.13 not running at the same time.
      In fact, the process of uninstalling 3.x to downgrade too 2.x is not smooth at all. Some plug are not compatible with 3.x, that's why, sometime, downgrade is necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by fraggle View Post
        Hello,
        due to the incompatibility of 2 vray version running at once on the same computer is it possible to get one version of max with vray2.x and another version of max working with the new 3.x?
        thanks
        Yes, you can install V-ray 2.x and 3.x on different 3DS max versions. This way you can have both installed and running.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
          Yes, you can install V-ray 2.x and 3.x on different 3DS max versions. This way you can have both installed and running.
          Thanks,
          I install the 3.x beta to max 2012 but Vray license is no working. I leave all default setup during the installation.
          I do not install the 3.x version on max 2013 but the same happens, vray license is not working anymore.
          So both version are out of production right now!

Comment

What happens when you run the V-Ray license server? Also, try unplugging the dongle and plugging it back in.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vray_Error_License.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	850295
              Please find enclosed copy of all window I have in mind regarding server License on max 2012 & beta 3.x
              Same with dongle unplug and plug again.
              Server license work again on max 2013 & Vray 2.x after unplugging the dongle.
              The vray license server are exactly the same in 2.x vs 3.x (localhost/port 30304)

Thanks

Comment

There is now 2 license server command, one for Vray 2.x and one for vray 3.x.
                I tried to run both of them (not at the same time), but result is the same as the post above.

Comment

Solve, but no idea how! It just work again.
                  re-installing/re-starting computer/unplugging the dongle....

Comment

Very well then; let us know if there is anything else.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                    X