Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed rendering: vray could not obtain a license

Hey Folks,
    long time i didn´t use backburner, but now it doesn´t work anymore. The renderers correctly connect to the manager, receive the job but say "vray could not obtain a license". I´ts still vray 2.4.0.4 and i thought the renders don´t need licenses?
    Matthias

hmmm, we changed the dhcp-server and also from static network to dynamic ip adresses, so the spawners didn´t find the vray license server (why do they need the licens-server?), this is working now. Now Backburner is working on the renderslaves, but vray spawner seems to still remember the "old" static machine ip and this of course doesn´t work. the workstation is sending spawner jobs to the spawnerslave machine name but the resolve ip-adress-dialog is showing the old (wrong) ip. Can i force an update somewhere?
    thanks for any help....
    Matthias

Comment

Originally posted by digitarch View Post
      I´ts still vray 2.4.0.4 and i thought the renders don´t need licenses?
      They don't need licenses, but they still need to connect to a working license server. You can run the setverlservice utility on the render servers to change the IP address of the server, or edit the file "C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\vrlclient.xml" manually.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado, spawners now connect to the vrlserver and backburner works fine. but when using distributed rendering on the workstation the distributed render setup is still showing the old, wrong static ip of the spawners. I deleted the old renderslave entrys, added new renderslaves (machine name instead of ip adress but "resolving ip-adress is still showing the old static ip of the renderslaves.
        Matthias

Comment

Then you could try searching your computer for the vrlclient.xml file to make sure that Windows has not made a copy of it somewhere else (if the spawners are running as Windows service, it is possible that Windows created a separate copy of file for them).

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X