Maximum rendered size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum rendered size?

I would think this was already discussed, but i wasnt able to find anything with a search.

I have to render an image for a groundbreaking, The client doesnt know what dpi the images needs to be. So i need to know if anyone knows the limit to the dr render size. I tried a 10,000px wide render but it crashed. I think i may need ti to be more than this. I would like to have it render at 12000, so that i can get a 144dpi image on a 5'x7' board.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
    Travis

there is a script out there that will allow you to render the image in four sections, i think its on the script spot site... then you wont run out of memory and crash
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

do you know if it works with viz 4? It says max 5 on the site.

Comment

mmmm dont know to be honest ...you could use Region render in viz i believe.
        Natty
        http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Cant use viz region render, using vray dr. I will try it on a test render to see if it works with viz 4.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

It works with viz 4, but it doesnt use DR. And it only saves as bmp, would rather it be able to save as tiff.

Thanks for the help though, looks like im just going to tell them that it will be a lower res.

travis

Comment

are you using region net render in VIZ 4? it should let you save to a TIF (i've done this many times before).

in MAX 5, you have to have the designer's utility pack to get the region net render option.

sean

Comment

Im using vray to render. I assume that I cannot use viz's net renders? I dont have time to try right now.

The not being able to save as tiff was for a script. its called bigrender from scriptspot. That script only allows you to render .bmp files.

Comment

yes, amd also it doesnt show any way the progress of your render, only that a part is done...

Comment

Well, As you can tell im working really late here, probably all night, I need to render this image, and Vray will not DR a file that 8400x6000 UGH! UGH! UGH! But it will render it from a single machine. I dont understand this. Why can it render from a single machine, but not from dr? Maybe a good wish list item should be a region net render for vray?

Does anyone know of a script that can cut the render up into regions that works with vray and viz 4?

Comment

here's what i would do:

render the whole scene as a single image (not using DR or region net render) to create the irrad map (set the AA to -4,-4). if you get the error creating bitmap message - then turn on the bitmap pager option in the VIZ preferences. you could also render this pass at a smaller image size - since it is just for creating the irrad map (there are plenty of posts here that talk about that method).

once that is done, set the irrad map to 'from file' (turn your AA back up), start backburner manager, and render through region net render. you'll probably want to turn the bitmap pager option back off. start server on the machines you want to render on and render away.

sean

Comment

Working...
                      X