Different RGB Levels from frame to frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different RGB Levels from frame to frame

This is a quick note to those whom have flickering animations.

If you find your animation frame's change Grey scale levels and result in a flickering animation this is due to an Authorisation problem.

If you have purchased vray and you have this problem, contact Choas to re-authorise your copy of vray.

If you havent purchased vray and you have this problem this is due to illegal Warez cracked software.
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Hi Natty !
    Thank you for the tip !
    It is on time.But it is quite strange.

Gaƫl

Comment

edited:
      qmc settings, interpolation settings, antialiasing settings and I believe more can affect this as well. Some of them the edge, some of the in the "grey leveles" and so. You cant simply render animation with low settings. It will flicker anyway...

So anyone before pointing on others that using illegal stuff, think a bit first please. It has happend many many times in this forum, and somehow I never seen anyone after that saying at least sorry to those who pointed as a pirate user and cleared up that he isnt ... And this was the case most of the time.

Comment

i am not blaming anyone losbellos.
        im just pionting out to warez user's not to come into the forum and complain that there dodgy copy of vray doesnt work in animation's.
        i get 10 - 50 personal messages a week and emails asking me why this is happening. and most are using warez.

i am very aware there could be other reason for animations flickering But when the whole image phisically change's RGB levels when there is or is not any gi, normally there is only one reason for this.
        Natty

Comment

If you are very aware of the other issues than I would suggest you enumerate those in a new sticky, as it is this post looks very unprofessional and at conflict with the style of this board.
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

Ok, here we go with a confession

My name is FermĆ­, I am 43 and my VRay animations DO FLICKER

So I'd really apreciate a sticky thread on the subject, such as the one Metino started about splotches and everybody posted their apporach... (that was a great thread) I know those subjects have been treated in the forum over time, but having them concentrated in one sticky thread is great.

I don't think the flickering I get is because of bad authorization, nor because of low imap settings, but they could be because of poor antialiasing... compromise is rendering times/acceptable flickering. sometimes the flickering is even welcome, since for instance in displaced grass ( a la GonƧalo Prospero) it looks like a gentle breeze, but it's still a flicker nonetheless!

My luck is my work is not animations but high ress stills of megamillion polygon scenes, so the interest is (for now) academic, but who knows.

Cheers

FermĆ­

Comment

ok i here you ... perhaps the title was a little misleading.

Regards
              Natty

Comment

>>> perhaps the title was a little misleading.<<<

No, the title was great, a sticky flickering animation thread!

the content was the problem:

"You sinners, apologize while you can!"

FermĆ­

Comment

Opps!

It's not a flickering sticky animation thread anymore,

this should be forbiden,: to change thread Subject after people has answered to the original post!

FermĆ­

Comment

well im talking about the different rgb levels, and it has been taken out of context due to a misleading title.
                    Natty

Comment

Re: Different RGB Levels from frame to frame

..to add, an active Exposure Control can cause flickering animations too
                      vertex wrangler

Comment

Also here is another cause http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...pic.php?t=6005
                        Eric Boer
                        Dev

Comment

I know Natty was just trying to sort out the usual Warez from authorized users asking about flickering.

Maybe what could do is say :

1.)For those that have illegally downloaded Vray and are having flickering problems that is because it is an illegal copy (warez)

2.)For those with a legal copy of Vray and are experiencing problems with flickering please follow the links below. (This would require research but maybe compile a list of links with common legal flickering problems like qmc, AA, and so forth that people can read info on.)

-Andrew
                          --------------------------------------
                          www.lemusdesign.com

Comment

If you have flickering on the whole image, this is always due to authorization problems.

All other flickering you are describing is much more local and is due to some settings (bad AA gives you flickering edges for example, or flickering grass, but your BG sky will not flicker!)

So natty's statement is very correct imo, you will never get changing rgb levels from frame to frame because of low AA, low GI or whatever.
                            Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

If you have flickering on the whole image, this is always due to authorization problems.

All other flickering you are describing is much more local and is due to some settings (bad AA gives you flickering edges for example, or flickering grass, but your BG sky will not flicker!)

So natty's statement is very correct imo, you will never get changing rgb levels from frame to frame because of low AA, low GI or whatever.
                              The issue in this post will cause "whole frame" flickering http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...pic.php?t=6005 ...
                              Eric Boer
                              Dev

Comment

Working...
                              X