Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max: VRmats , quick method for creating a .mat ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max: VRmats , quick method for creating a .mat ?

Hi all,

Thank You for any time and help in advance, I appreciate it .

I've downloaded the excellent Vrmats;

Click image for larger version

Name:	vraymats01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	879519

And I've started to create a .mat library in the Slate Material Editor (2014 64bit),
    manually creating each one & adding it to the .mat ;

Click image for larger version

Name:	matlib.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	879520

Is there a faster method (or maybe plugin/3D party app, etc.) for doing this?

Thanks again !

Edit/p.s. The vrmats are described as, "V-Ray materials (Low Resolution Library).."
    is there a 'High' Resolution Library available?

Hi,

It seems that there is no short way to prepare a 3DS Max library from the Vrmat collection. I think this is something that we can improve on.

Edit/p.s. The vrmats are described as, "V-Ray materials (Low Resolution Library).."
    is there a 'High' Resolution Library available?
    Not yet, but we are working on that regard.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank You Tashko ! I appreciate it.
      I'll keep searching around, and if I find anything, I'll be sure to post it up.

All my best!

Comment

Any update on higher resolution maps for vrmats, or means of automating conversion to .mats?

Comment

Originally posted by scottwadd View Post
          Any update on higher resolution maps for vrmats, or means of automating conversion to .mats?
          Hi Scott, Thanks for the bump on this thread . I have not heard, or found anything on the higher res maps for the vrmats.
          (and I haven't found any scripts or methods for automating/speeding up creating a 3DS Max library from the Vrmat collection. But, the guys from A&G Tool Company < http://www.agtoolcompany.com/ > did mention that they might be interested in working on something for that).

Comment

Originally posted by scottwadd View Post
            High resolution library of VRmats is not done yet, we are working on that matter.
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
              High resolution library of VRmats is not done yet, we are working on that matter.
              Thank You Svetlozar, I appreciate it !

Comment

+1 for some interest in the higher resolution textures, as well as an enmasse automatic way to convert multiple .vrmat materials into a single .mat file.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X