Light cache distributed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light cache distributed

Is there a limit to how many machines can be used to dr the light cache, set the passes to 48 as have some 12 core dual xeons, but not all machines help distribute the light cache, sometimes same for irradiance map, is there a limit ?

Light Cache is not distributable so far - it is calculated for each machine separately.
    There is no limitation for that option but for best performance you should set this value to be equal to the number of the threads available in the machine.
    In your case you should have 48 available threads on the machine (if hyper-threading is on) and you should set LC passes to 48 - by doing this Vray will split LC calculations to 48 separate passes and it will sent each pass to a separate thread. All passes will be merged into a single solution after being calculated.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Have I been dreaming or does setting the thread spinner to 0 let vray use all available cores for the maximum amount of threads?
      I have been doing this for some time now, as with the mem. limit spinner, so I hope I haven't misunderstood.
      Signing out,
      Christian

Comment

Originally posted by trixian View Post
        Have I been dreaming or does setting the thread spinner to 0 let vray use all available cores for the maximum amount of threads?
        I have been doing this for some time now, as with the mem. limit spinner, so I hope I haven't misunderstood.
        This is correct, yes. In 3.0, we removed the light cache passes spinner completely - it is automatic.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X