Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skylight portal Light made out of 3DSMAX light?How??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skylight portal Light made out of 3DSMAX light?How??

This might seem a liitle bit unusuall but if would have to make a Skylight portal Light like vray has what 3dsmax light only would you use to have the obtain the same effect?

if I had to do it w/ max lights...you ca put a bunch of spot lights light up like an area light would be at the window opening.......they al would need inverse square falloff to simulate the fall off of the arealight......plus soft area shadows.......then it's a matter of how many you put in there an how soft the multiplier is....

hope this helps...

paul.

Comment

The light portals are (almost) identical to an area light with the same dimensions, the color of the skylight, multiplier set to the area of the light (width x height), inverse square falloff and area shadows.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the great tip vlado..i didn`t know about the light multiplier beeing set by the width x height ..i was adjusting that by the eye..now i can be happy knowing that my scene will look closer to reality..as i was having many windows of different sizes...yay

The thing that brought me to the light around a windows is this:

Is the placement of Vray Skyligt portals important because the light around a window acts different in reality and helps the room become more bright as opposed to using just a single skylight?

Comment

Working...
        X