Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same old problem, different day

Hello all,

I'm having a problem with rendering. This problem is happening more and more often. (see sample below). This seems to happen with larger exterior scenes. Here are some of the test I have performed

Please excuse the crude renderings; I just wanted to crank out some examples.

Example 1: Everything in the scene
    Example 2: Remove cars from scene (this result is inconsistent)
    Example 3: No background image
    Example 4: No background or cars
    Example 5: Swapping out higher res cars for lower poly ugly cars
    Example 6: No background with lower res cars.

As you can see, the problem is a moving target. In any event, this is happening more and more&...........its becoming a big frustrating mess. If I was paid for all the testing hours and attempting to de-bug this software, I would be a very wealthy man.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott.

I have had a similar problem, for me the solution was going from summed area filtering to pyramidal on my bitmaps, maybe it will work for you, looks like you have very high res maps for your road and sidewalks. Using summed area on a bitmap requires 400% more memory for each map. :P
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
      I have had a similar problem, for me the solution was going from summed area filtering to pyramidal on my bitmaps, maybe it will work for you, looks like you have very high res maps for your road and sidewalks. Using summed area on a bitmap requires 400% more memory for each map. :P
      Thanks for the quick response. I took your advice and lowerd the map res and the problem went away. It looks like I will be able to make my deadline tomorrow. Thanks again...........I owe you one.

Comment

Glad to help
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

How did you make, or where did you get your road texture from? It looks good - I always struggle with them!
          Kind Regards,
          Richard Birket
          ----------------------------------->
          http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Originally posted by tricky
            How did you make, or where did you get your road texture from? It looks good - I always struggle with them!
            If I remember correctly, the orginal file was from marlin and then did alot of PS work.

Scott.

Comment

Working...
            X