Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big file corrupted

Hi,

I have big project file that just got corrupted. Max crashes every time it tries to open it. If I try to merge all files max crashes again. But if I merge some individual files, they merge ok. Is it possible to find out what objects are causing the crash? I can probably use the previous iteration and try to merge all the objects that are only in latest version that crashes. Still it would be nice to find out what objects causes this.

I've had this too once or twice, and never found a good solution other than merging in one at a time until you find the one that crashes...terrible with large scenes. I hope you will able to find a good answer here from others...

Comment

most efficient way is to load half the scene, if it doesnt crash, keep that, then merge half what is left, if it crashes, you know its in that quarter. keep dividing again and again till you have the problem object.

i believe its called a bsp tree

Comment

I managed to merge all the missing objects from the previous iteration. I am just so curious what object was causing the crash so I'll have to start dividing the objects.

Comment

Working...
        X